PDA

View Full Version : modifying altezas

tribal
10-05-2003, 01:03 PM
I was curious as to if anyone had took the chance of opening up altezas to change them around. I have the black ones, but I'd like to get them darker to match my black paint. I think they'd look so much better that way. I thought I saw a car in the NOPI pictures in the other section with alteza modifications but I didnt know if it was the light when taking the picture. If anyone has done anything, or knows how, sharing is much appreciated. Thanks in advance https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

DarkLateNight
10-05-2003, 01:33 PM
a while back Z said something about painting his green - i dont think he did it though

Z
10-05-2003, 01:53 PM
nope, i got scare of screw the tails 'cus they were brand new but once they price drops low i'll get an extra pair and play around with them.....what i've been thinking lately is that i could remove the little sidemarker bulb and put a strobe light right in there or taping it so it blinks with the turn signals....i'll provably do one of the two once i get the car back

tribal
10-05-2003, 04:05 PM
I havent really looked at them much but do you think they're capable of opening up like the headlights can?

Fishboy55
10-05-2003, 06:38 PM
I havent really looked at them much but do you think they're capable of opening up like the headlights can?

I had a small condensation leak in mine and was going to open them. But when I looked at them, I too was worried about ruining brand new tails. I think they might be sealed like the headlights, cuz I took out all the screws I could find and the cover didn't budge.

Censee
10-05-2003, 11:05 PM
u know if the altezzas didnt have those hidious bulges on the clear plastic,, i would buy them and paint the inside red,,,like the lexus SUV has altezzas but with red inside,,,too bad the clear cover has three king kong balls sticking out./...

10-05-2003, 11:54 PM
blacking out altezzas actually looks pretty cool. No ricer gem-look, but the way the light comes out at night looks pretty cool. I wouldn't waste my money on it, though. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
Just a suggestion in case you wanted to do sumthin different

tribal
10-06-2003, 08:24 AM
Im sure it would look cool, I know the first time I saw them in a magazine they were completly black. Looked good. You know how to open them up at all?

MitsuRacer
10-06-2003, 02:08 PM
Directions for opening up tail lights:
1. Gather all your balls
2. Get a flat-head screwdriver and pry those fuckers open
3. Get lots of super glue and seal em' back up!!

Haha just kidding, I wouldn't try messing with something that expensive until you get cheap second set or somethin....Good luck though!! :twisted:

tribal
10-06-2003, 03:42 PM
Lol, yea I probably wont do anything unless I get a broken set or somehow a really cheap set from somewhere. I am going to look at them later tonight tho, see whats possible with them and such, like if you can heat them for a little bit to help get rid of glue or anything. We'll see.

Strahan
10-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Here's a cool mod for altezzas:

http://www.galants.com/altezzas.gif

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

RollinBishiStyle
10-06-2003, 10:02 PM
I saw a preludes with the triangle tails and he had painted the back of his white to match his car, actually looked pretty good, all you could see were the red circles

chbuzz
10-07-2003, 07:20 PM
whomever thought of making the rings chrome on the "black"..needs fired :evil:

Z
10-07-2003, 08:24 PM

dude not really, the chrome really looks toit, and it matches the chrome mitsu logo and the galant lettering.....plus the chrome trim around the windows, and i added the chrome lettering on the door moldings.....atleast on black Gs the black tails look awesome

chbuzz
10-07-2003, 09:38 PM

dude not really, the chrome really looks toit, and it matches the chrome mitsu logo and the galant lettering.....plus the chrome trim around the windows, and i added the chrome lettering on the door moldings.....atleast on black Gs the black tails look awesomeyeah if your into the chrome look im sure they would do it for ya... I'm just saying leave the "chrome" to the chrome and the "black" should be black... so to each there own 8)
I done the opposite as you replaced the chrome door edge with black and shaved the chrome emblems minus red mitsu emblem... painted the front grill and rear garnish factory color. I agree that a black car can look tight with chrome trim tho.. I just wish you could get to those damn chrome rings without major surgery.. there like the cheapest looking chrome on the planet :roll:

Monkey
10-08-2003, 07:57 AM
My two cents... the tez for our cars look good on a black g only and I'm talking about the black tez... I can appreciate the chrome on the black tez when in place on the black g, definitely compliments the car...

The chrome tez are on crack which pisses me off cause I have a silver g and wanted some chrome tez... My plan, buy the chrome and modify... remove the chrome feather crap and replace with a smoother finish... see if I can replace the bubble cover, and who knows what else... for one fifty, I don't mind playing with these... but that won't happen till after the holidays and I sell my soul to pay off my credit card bills!

Carbon fiber... maybe with some splitters and a cf hood on a black g, then maybe I can see where you're going with them, other than that... I'm just not feeling them.

Again, that's just an opinion of a monkey.