PDA

View Full Version : Got a question

Jet Black
10-05-2003, 03:50 PM
Alright I was wondering which type of FI would be more ideal for out cars in terms of traction. It would seem a turbo would be more ideal, due to the fact that it takes a few seconds for it to spool up, and by that time you would have already be off the line, with. And on the other side, the Super charger would cause the wheels to spin, due to the fact that its immediate power. And thus would be less ideal.

So am I right? (Im not keeping my hopes up)

10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Alright I was wondering which type of FI would be more ideal for out cars in terms of traction. It would seem a turbo would be more ideal, due to the fact that it takes a few seconds for it to spool up, and by that time you would have already be off the line, with. And on the other side, the Super charger would cause the wheels to spin, due to the fact that its immediate power. And thus would be less ideal.

So am I right? (Im not keeping my hopes up)
you are right to a certain extent. A supercharger would hurt off-the line traction. But if you're running high boost (like 1-1.5 bar) your tires will break loose when it spools, and shifting into second, third, fourth, and fifth (lol) will also cause the tires to break lose pretty badly. If you're only running like .5bar boost, this isn't a huge problem. Superchargers will still do this, but not to that extent.

Cliff notes: yes you're right, about smaller turbos. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Stewi
10-07-2003, 11:10 PM
You will be fine off the line with a turbocharger, you will be more likely to have wheel spin/hop off the line with a supercharger. To eliminate your traction problem you get a good set of tires, a good set of stiff or adjustable shocks up front and a limited slip differential so that both wheels are spinning at the same rate. LOL or you could go the expensive route and make your car AWD. our car are VERY heavy up front so you have that working to your advantage with traction.