PDA

View Full Version : Gain Torque and HP from Replacing Ground wires?...anybody

Los
08-13-2002, 11:23 PM
ranger, that's a pretty good thought. I think you might be right. I check their site a little further they don't make this for our cars though,..

mochanges
08-14-2002, 03:47 PM
This mod is for real, it's not BS. With that said, the gains that some are advertising are definitely overblown. Go to i-club.com and search their forums for grounding mod. You can do this mod yourself without buying a kit. HKS sells the kit for like $150! You can make your own kit with less than 1/4 that. Someone on i-club.com posted on how to make your own grounding kit with high quality wire and connectors.

-Mohammad

BlueESV6
08-19-2002, 12:46 PM
I read the site and think if your doing it for looks then great... look and enjoy... but ground is ground and 0 ohms is 0 ohms. Unless your dealing with milliseconds and supercomputers this won't add up to much for the car's grounding system! If you want looks... buy and enjoy!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

my2cents

mochanges
08-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Yes, the mod will make more of a difference on turbo charged cars or cars running alot of electronics. The change, if any, on a stock N/A will probably be too small to notice.

-Mohammad

slim_vela
08-25-2002, 10:25 AM
couldn't have said it better BlueESV6!

TJC
08-25-2002, 01:30 PM
It improves the efficiency of the ignition system and it's a good mod in general but don't think that this mod will give you noticable performance gains. Just like upgrading spark plug wires and plugs, it helps but will not give you big enough gains to be noticable. And they come in cool colors so it's great for dressing up the engine bay. BTW, call me crazy but I made my own grounding cables out of 4AWG speakers wires, lol. What I need to do is wire up the alternator too; just haven't got around to that.

Fasttech
09-11-2002, 07:03 PM
Well, I might get flamed for this but here goes. The horse power increase is possible but, it is only because you are creating a better ground for your ignition system..i.e hotter Spark for the plugs. If your in to car audio it is kinda like your power wires and ground wires being 4gauge instead of 22gauge. There is a certain amount of power loss for every foot traveled due to resistence. Thicker the wire the less resistence the more power that arrives to the destanation. I hope this makes sense and please excuse the spelling mistakes. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

mochanges
09-11-2002, 07:10 PM
Just to update this one, my brother did this mod to his WRX and had noticeable gains in turbo spool up and smoother boost build up. He also did before and after comparisons between his WRX and a friends (both were delivered within one month of each other) and his headlights and foglights were noticeably brighter.

-Mohammad

Again, this is a turbo car, not N/A.

Wintergalant
09-16-2002, 02:44 AM
i have seen also on spark plug wires a seperate ground strap for each plug wire i cant remember the name of them but i will get it there installed on a 2002 dodge neon r/t and according to he owner he said he noticed a difference i will edit my post with the name of them when i get it

RedGalant2k1
09-16-2002, 03:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ranger_kill)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well, I might get flamed for this but here goes. Â*The horse power increase is possible but, it is only because you are creating a better ground for your ignition system..i.e hotter Spark for the plugs. Â*If your in to car audio it is kinda like your power wires and ground wires being 4gauge instead of 22gauge. There is a certain amount of power loss for every foot traveled due to resistence. Thicker the wire the less resistence the more power that arrives to the destanation. I hope this makes sense and please excuse the spelling mistakes. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div>

Absolutely, but you also must upgrade the power wires to make best use of the upgraded ground wire let alone protect your system from frying itself due to a improperly balanced current. I'd see if you could upgrade the cars power wires as well it would help.