PDA

View Full Version : Orange turn signals in the rear...

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know of a way to make your rear turn signals orange instead of red? Are there any tail lights available for the Galant with orange turn signals? I'm looking to buy a G in the US and take it to Europe in a couple of years and I wouldn't be able to pass all the necessary controls with red blinkers.... Thanks for any suggestions.

BiGSHUN
10-08-2003, 11:23 AM
dang, that sucks.

i believe the only way to get orange signals is to somehow clear the red lense on the tails and by a orange bulb. i think the hard part is clearing the red. dunno if it is possible.

8ggalant
10-08-2003, 12:09 PM
Does anyone know of a way to make your rear turn signals orange instead of red? Are there any tail lights available for the Galant with orange turn signals? I'm looking to buy a G in the US and take it to Europe in a couple of years and I wouldn't be able to pass all the necessary controls with red blinkers.... Thanks for any suggestions.

i think i told u this in another post but u should w8 til u get therr and buy a g....back to the topic u can get jdm tails and add a socket to the harnss and use n ornage bulb...that is what i did with my 2nd gen jdm tails...look in my www for pics...the bottom of the taillight is clear for a turnsignal and reverse light...

Titanium2K2
10-08-2003, 01:35 PM
Wouldn't it be better to sell the G once you're ready to leave and purchase one once you're out there? That way you can avoid shipping/customs/registration costs. BTW, isn't foreign country's gas different from U.S. or is it Japan that's different from U.S.?

pinoyesv6
10-08-2003, 01:40 PM
my suggestion. when you get to europe, visit the mitsu dealer and pick up a set of 8g tails and a harness for it and just install those.

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 01:45 PM
If I can get a V6 G for under 10,000 it will still be worth it. The transportation cost is around 2,000. I have a way of getting past paying customs. I won't be buy a car of this class, and with a 3.0, V6 engine back home (Poland) for $12,000. Believe it or not, cars are cheaper in the US than in Europe. What some people do with American cars is they put orange bulbs where the reverse lights are and hook the blinkers up to those lights. Then you put an additional reverse light on your car. This is usually an additional light that you put under your bumber. It looks pretty crappy though. You also need rear fog lights (bright red) in Poland, so people with US cars usually end up with 2 additional lights under their bumber (a red one and a white one). That's what I'll have to do if I can't think of anything else, but I was hoping to think of something different.

BiGSHUN
10-08-2003, 01:50 PM
i've heard of that rear fog light that is required. what's the purpose of it? why do u need it?

pinoyesv6
10-08-2003, 01:53 PM
yea, if u want to keep the US tails, you can just put the turn signal bulbs into where the reverse lights are. and then maybe like mold in some reverse lights into the trunk lid like the avalon and the lexus IS.

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 01:57 PM
The rear fog light is so that your car can be seen from a further distance when there is really heavy fog. It actually does work, and you can see the red light before you see the rest of the car in dense fog. But I think it's stupid that you HAVE TO have one, because:
1. I've been driving for 7 years, and in those 7 years I've experienced heavy fog on the road when using the light was necesary, maybe 3 or 4 times.
2. It really pisses me off, when people forget to turn their fog light off and you're driving behind them. The light is really BRIGHT.

BiGSHUN
10-08-2003, 02:23 PM
oh, ok. i didn't know it was that bright. the only thing that came to mind when you said fogs on the bumper were the reverslights that are on pontiac sunfires & some eclipses.

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 02:38 PM
There not actually on the bumber like the eclipse. It's just a rectangular light (the same exact light fits any car), and you attach it under the bumber. I was trying to find a picture of a US car with these lights (on the Web) but can't find one....I'll keep looking...

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Got it! Here is what I am talking about. This is what people usually do with american cars. The fog light and reverse light is under the bumber. As you can see they also somehow made the turn signal orange. I think they just cut out a piece of the light and put in orange plastic. When it's done this way it looks shitty. I was hoping to find a better way to do it on the Galant.
...This is the first forum I have ever been on and I just realized that I don't know how to add a picture. Here's the link if anyone wants to see:

http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=16696572 ('http://www.allegro.pl/show_item.php?item=16696572')

The pics are at the very bottom of the page.

BiGSHUN
10-08-2003, 02:58 PM
its one red light and one white/reverse light. :?

i would like for there to be a balance but that would be TOO many lights under the bumber. that sucks to have to put that on your car. do cars in europe already come equiped w/ lights like that? - as far as being stock on cars.

pinoyesv6
10-08-2003, 02:59 PM
how about cutting a hole in the bumper cover and then shaving off some of the foam and sticking the light in there. i believe one of our members did that with his fog light. looks more stock than waht u posted with the dodge

looking for a G
10-08-2003, 03:02 PM
In Europe all of the cars have orange blinkers and a rear fog light built into the regular light. Sometimes the fog light is on one side, and sometimes there are two (on both sides). Thanks for your suggestions.