PDA

View Full Version : For all who ask what a STOCK V6 runs.

WannaGTZ
09-12-2002, 12:36 AM
I just got back from the track tonight and there was a guy there with a 2000 V6 ES. He ran 16.55 all night long. The guy worked at mitsu and just took one for the day to dragrace. It was ALL stock not a damn thing done to it. I am not sure of the speed but i think it was around 83 or so. So for yall who want the times there you go.

Tiller
09-12-2002, 10:05 AM
pretty sad... good thing i didn't buy this car to be fast... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

ASTIG
09-12-2002, 12:51 PM
big problem on these cars is traction off the line. too much wheelspin. a good set of tires would drop those times a good tenth of a sec.

Auto-9
09-12-2002, 01:41 PM
Aye the first time I ever went to the track I instinctively floored it in my 2001 ES V6 when I saw the green, ran a 19.3 quarter mile https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif That's in 87 degree weather after a day of baking the tarmac and warm tires...

TJC
09-12-2002, 02:01 PM
I think 16.55 is very respectable stock times and also compared to others like Rallifan who has much higher times? Maybe it's just a factory cherry, hehe.

GalantT3
09-12-2002, 05:10 PM
Yeah 16.55 is not a bad time for a stock Galant V6. Considering the thing only had 195 hp, and plus its a family sedan.

I wanna know what someones V6 runs turbo or supercharged! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Wintergalant
09-16-2002, 02:19 AM
im gonna guess with 7psi boost probally in the low 15's just my guess

sebring95
09-18-2002, 12:07 PM
It seems to me the V6 runs out of power after 60mph or so. My stocker feels damn strong until the speeds get up there. Most mag tests put the V6 Camry and V6 Galant close on 0-60 times. I've had three V6 Camrys in the past and my Galant would crush any of them to 60. But above 70mph it just feels gutless. The Camry would race to 100mph like nothing and would hit 130mph (indicated) rather easily as well, but the galant is weezing much above 80. Maybe I got a ripe one on the bottom end and a dud on the top, dunno. The acceleration off the line definetely exceeds the tire grip, as my traction control will kick on when I'm not even getting on it. I wouldn't mind doing some mods if I though I wouldn't lose the bottom end.

Fishboy55
09-18-2002, 12:17 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sebring95)</div><div class='quotemain'>It seems to me the V6 runs out of power after 60mph or so. Â*My stocker feels damn strong until the speeds get up there. Â*Most mag tests put the V6 Camry and V6 Galant close on 0-60 times. Â*I've had three V6 Camrys in the past and my Galant would crush any of them to 60. Â*But above 70mph it just feels gutless. Â*The Camry would race to 100mph like nothing and would hit 130mph (indicated) rather easily as well, but the galant is weezing much above 80. Â*Maybe I got a ripe one on the bottom end and a dud on the top, dunno. Â*The acceleration off the line definetely exceeds the tire grip, as my traction control will kick on when I'm not even getting on it. Â*I wouldn't mind doing some mods if I though I wouldn't lose the bottom end.</div> I felt the same way until I added my headers and the rising rate FPR. Now I got plenty of bottom and top end.

Chip

Auto-9
09-18-2002, 12:20 PM
The losses in the top end is due to our SOHC design correct?

jmezz911
09-19-2002, 11:34 AM
where can I get some RPW Headers

2000 Galant GTZ

Fishboy55
09-19-2002, 12:04 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jmezz911)</div><div class='quotemain'>where can I get some RPW Headers

2000 Galant GTZ</div>
Vision Imports and Phantom Racing are two of RPW's biggest distributors.

Chip

VegasMatt
09-19-2002, 12:38 PM
This is weird, I think the mid range power is lacking (between 45-60) once I hit 60 it seems that my car has no problems hitting 90mph with force. In between that 45-60 lag that I experience, a little laughing gas gets me right through that when needed. 8)

I am hoping that the headers and rising FPR will help increase power all around the power spectrum. From what I have read from Chip it seems that it does.

2k1GTZ-PHX
09-19-2002, 04:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is weird, I think the mid range power is lacking (between 45-60) Â*once I hit 60 it seems that my car has no problems hitting 90mph with force. Â*In between that 45-60 lag that I experience, a little laughing gas gets me right through that when needed. 8) Â*

I am hoping that the headers and rising FPR will help increase power all around the power spectrum. Â* From what I have read from Chip it seems that it does.</div>

you have a great looking gtz. where did you get all of the aftermarket body kits for it? how big are the wheel/tire combo's?

i have a 2k1 pearl white gtz and want to fit the biggest wheel/tire combo that i can and not have to worry about them rubbing the wheel wells.

thanks!
nm

Fishboy55
09-19-2002, 04:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>This is weird, I think the mid range power is lacking (between 45-60) Â*once I hit 60 it seems that my car has no problems hitting 90mph with force. Â*In between that 45-60 lag that I experience, a little laughing gas gets me right through that when needed. 8) Â*

I am hoping that the headers and rising FPR will help increase power all around the power spectrum. Â* From what I have read from Chip it seems that it does.</div>
It will Mattt. The rising rate FPR is a great mod. I recommend it highly to smooth out the fuel curve. You'll get even better perfomance with your SAFC.

Chip

generalfubu
10-08-2002, 04:18 AM
if you get a apexi safc, will that take the place of a fpr? or do you need both to get the perfect combo?

Fishboy55
10-08-2002, 05:51 AM
if you get a apexi safc, will that take the place of a fpr? or do you need both to get the perfect combo?
Getting both is the best (and most expensive) option. They do two different functions. The FPR equalizes the fuel pressure to a relatively constant level as the RPM's increase. So you're always delivering the same amount of fuel to your injectors. The AFC uses the car's ECU to adjust the air fuel mixture, the spraying pulses to the injectors, and everything else that controls the mixture so your stoich level remains relatively constant at the most efficient burn rate.

Chip