PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass help?

darksun
10-09-2003, 05:50 AM
i was wondering if anyone out there could tell me what i would need, and how to go about fiberglassing my dashboard and doors of my car? :?:

00GTZ00
10-09-2003, 10:48 AM
You need fiberglass and resin

the resin is what hardens and the fiberglass makes it stong

I suggest getting mold of what you want to do via plaster of paris or plywood then just line the mold with the resin and fiberglass...

you can even get the fiberglass and resin from pepboys...

SilverKnight
10-09-2003, 01:54 PM
if you go to yard birds or any store of that sort and ask them that you need a fiberglass kit and if they dont have one they can tell you what you need which is the fiberglass cloth and the resin which comes with the hardener.

BlaqueOut
10-09-2003, 10:41 PM
How easy is fibering? I heard it can be a bitch.

00GTZ00
10-10-2003, 09:37 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>How easy is fibering? I heard it can be a bitch.</div>

It is messy as hell if you apply it by hand, it sticks to everything!!!! If you spray it is a little better but make shure you are wearing clothes that you do not want along with a mask overyour mouth...

BlaqueOut
10-10-2003, 09:44 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(00GTZ00)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlaqueOut)</div><div class='quotemain'>How easy is fibering? I heard it can be a bitch.</div>

It is messy as hell if you apply it by hand, it sticks to everything!!!! If you spray it is a little better but make shure you are wearing clothes that you do not want along with a mask overyour mouth...</div>

You can actually spray it on?? I didn't know u could do that. What kind of spray gun does it use?

00GTZ00
10-10-2003, 10:04 AM
here are the tools you would need to spray

http://www.shopmaninc.com/equipment.html ('http://www.shopmaninc.com/equipment.html')

Dre
10-10-2003, 10:28 AM
Geez! That looks like a lot to pay for something you may use once or twice ever. I'm sure it does the trick, though.

leicoolya
10-11-2003, 05:41 PM
well let me tell u from experience, i have fiberglassed my dash and door panels, and it was a BITCH. So much sanding and reapplying. its very messy and takes alot of time to do.