PDA

View Full Version : APC Ugrade Headlight Wiring Kit

ChuloMxcn
10-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Has anyone seen the APC wiring kit. I went to the store to buy a new harness for my crusted headlight harness and the only thing they had was this upgrade kit. It includes wires that run to the battery then to a "black box" then to the headlights. I didnt have time to read the box too much, but I'm guessin it just draws more watts from the battery. Has anyone used this and do you think it is worth it if I have PIAA's. I just dont want the bulbs to explode from too much power or melt my housing. Let me know. :explode:

VIO
10-11-2003, 10:43 PM
bulbs "pull" power. power is not pushed into something. you could increase the "power" by adding a higher amount of voltage. ohm's law states that power (watts) is equal to voltage multiplied by current (amps). since the upgrade harness is obviously not a step up transformer, meaning that it won't change the voltage from 12v to something higher then you don't have to worry about your bulbs getting screwed up since an electrical device will only pull the amount of current it needs from the power source. the black box is either a single pull/single throw or a single pull/double throw relay depending on the wiring of it. it basicly allows you to run higher wattage bulbs without melting the harness.

Stolyn
10-11-2003, 10:57 PM
Dude a few weeks ago I had the kit putinto my ride and good god are my lights bright now.. I have been using the hyper white lights ect.. more watts and kept melting the harness but i just thought they were bright before .. I will never regret puting in the upgrade now i dont melt anything and I can see like daylight in the night...so if u are tinking of getting them i would have to say to you ........ What the hell are u waitng for.... Peace out Come check out my ride at www.rankmyride.com user name stolyn or at cardomain under the same user name catch you later