PDA

View Full Version : NewB looking for assistance...

JerZ Galant
10-12-2003, 04:12 AM
hey all... i'm new so pls don't flame me too quick... i know that the turbo setup from the 2nd gen eclipses can work with my 2k ES 4banger... i was wondering though... i know that you need to get some more stuff... i've heard everything from injectors... fpr... I/C... all that stuff... but if it's not too much trouble... (and i did search)... would anyone know what the most parts i could take out of a GS-X that i could use in this conversion? i want to use as many from the eclipse as possible to keep cost down on brand new parts...

thanks a million in advance...

8ggalant
10-12-2003, 10:22 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JerZ Galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>hey all... i'm new so pls don't flame me too quick... i know that the turbo setup from the 2nd gen eclipses can work with my 2k ES 4banger... i was wondering though... i know that you need to get some more stuff... i've heard everything from injectors... fpr... I/C... all that stuff... but if it's not too much trouble... (and i did search)... would anyone know what the most parts i could take out of a GS-X that i could use in this conversion? Â*i want to use as many from the eclipse as possible to keep cost down on brand new parts... Â*

thanks a million in advance...</div>

lets see here wherr to begin...haha...ok..u can use the turbo and o2 housing, the exhaust manifold, u can use the downpipe to prefab yer own, the injectors with resistor pack(they wont work right without it), and thats pretty much it...yer gonna want a new fpr and fuel pump u can use the intercooler depending on if yer keeping the stock turbo, if not you can upgrade to a starion front mount or go ahead and invest and get a new intercooler...remember everything depends on yer goal....pm me if u wanna talk...cuz if u want 200-250 hp or more therrs no way yer gonna do that safely with stock internal....for long anyway