PDA

View Full Version : Gauge lights

angeleyes
10-13-2003, 02:04 AM
I need Help. The lights for my gauges burned out all of a sudden. I cant see anything when i'm driving at night. I cant see how fast i'm going.. I tought it was a fuse but someone told me that its not. I am a lady so if i knew more I would fix it.
Can anyone help me out.

akiraflux
10-13-2003, 10:10 AM
i doubt ALL your bulbs would go out at the same time. i'd guess fuse...or you somehow shorted something. are ANY of the gauges lighted up?

J
10-13-2003, 10:23 AM
well. if all the bulbs burnt out at one time. ya, maybe it is a fuse or a wire loose somewhere.

but to change the bulbs to check...

go to parts store and buy 5 ->type 194 bulbs.

push your steering wheel lever under the steering wheel, down, and move your steering column down.

take a philipps head screwdriver. and remove the 2 screws holding the black plastic cover to your gauge cluster.

you need to now pull on the black thing a bit from the top, and lift upwards on the bottom to disengage the tabs holding it in. if you wiggle it around, and lift it up, it'll come out.

unplug the dimmer switch, on the left side of the black plastic thing once you free it, you'll have to reach back there and pinch the white clip then pull it out.

now. put that aside. and remove, carefully so as not to drop a screw, the 4 screws holding your cluster in. they're on all 4 corners.

pull the cluster towards you, reach behind it, and on the left and right sides you'll feel two clips. they're wide, like 3 inches. you need to unplug both of those by squeezing on the top and bottom, then pulling out.

now your cluster is free. pull it out. turn it over. the bulbs are the black knobs. twist and pull them out. switch them with 194's from a parts store.

put it back in, remember to plug gauge in. remember to screw back the guages down. remember to clip back the dimmer switch. rescrew in the black plastic thing. if your gauges don't work, then... it's not the bulbs.