PDA

View Full Version : How do you hardwire incar neons ?

DarkLateNight
10-13-2003, 07:52 AM
How do you wire in car neons without using that little cigaratte liter thing ? dunno if this is in the right forum

pinoyesv6
10-13-2003, 08:01 AM
you need to find a power source. the fuse box is good. the battery is good. the accessory outlet is good too.

good part about the fuse box. its easy to get to. bad part. if you fuck up your wiring or something goes wrong, you can mess things up.

battery is good. guaranteed 12v source. you can have the neons running at anytime you want. car on or off (kinda good kinda bad) bad part about the battery is that you have to run wires from the engine bay.

the accessory outlet is good too. its fused so if you overload that circuit the fuse will only blow and not important components of ur car's electrical system. you probably dont' wanna use that cuz u don't wanna see the ugly plug, so best and cleanest thign i can think of is to tap the power wires from the back of the outlet, where u can't see it.

im drawing power for mine at the battery. i have a 10 gauge wire (overkill) running from the battery, into the engine bay to a distribution center under my center armrest. at taht distribution center, thats where all my accesories get its power, my neons my led's etc etc.

my battery is getting a strain from this. keep forgetting to turn off the lights lol. but yea, i'll probably be adding a relay and more wiring so that the circuit will turn off and on with the car.

ScOtTiE_MaK
10-13-2003, 08:11 AM
where do they sell that accessory thingy for inside your car......?

pinoyesv6
10-13-2003, 08:19 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScOtTiE_MaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>where do they sell that accessory thingy for inside your car......? </div>

the accessory outlet is that lil outlet on top of the cigarette lighter. the lil thingy with the door. in the newer galants, the smokers kit was removed and instead replaced with two acessory outlets.

Khopari
10-13-2003, 09:57 AM
i hard wire the neon to my parking lights,,,,,,, :wink:

RollinBishiStyle
10-13-2003, 12:49 PM
Dont you need to ground the other wire when you hook that up?

extremsprt86
10-13-2003, 04:41 PM
what i did was get the bell power outlet dealy from pep boys. it wires directly into the fuse box and then it supplies a +/- inlet for all your accesories. buy the neons or whatever you want, cut off the cigarette plug, and stick in the stripped wires. the box also has one switch that supplies power to all the accesories you plug into it. the box comes with a built in fuse, an external fuse on the wire to the power supply, and a smaller fuse over each accesory inlet for total protection of anything going wrong.

http://florida.galants.com/wires.JPG

RollinBishiStyle
10-13-2003, 05:55 PM
Thats pretty cool how much was that?

extremsprt86
10-13-2003, 06:42 PM
$26 if i remember correctly.