PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about installing Front Door Speakers

jagga
10-13-2003, 05:35 PM
Hi All
New member here. First post. I have a 2002 Galant ES. I am thinking about replacing the 'front door' speakers. I went to crutchfield and it says that they are '6-3/4' size. My question is how easy is to install those myself? basically what i'm afraid of is that I might have to 'take off the door panel' to install them; is it that complicated? Or do i just have to remove the 'speaker grills'??

Any info on this topic will be very very helpful.

Thanks!!!

Jet Black
10-13-2003, 06:14 PM
Yes you will have to remove the door panel. Removing it fairly simple, just find all the screws and pop it off. But putting it back on, is a whole another story. For the first time, it took me over an hour trying to put it back on, but after doing it a few times youll the hang of it. Overall its fairly simple, and straight foward. The screws are under little caps. And popping the panel off is kinda tricky, its held in buy a bunch of plastic clips. Use your hands to pry it off.

Max_Jinas
10-13-2003, 11:50 PM
I think you can actually find a tool to pop the clips off with if you get a little scared of doing it with your hands. I dont like using erroneous tools, so i just stick with the hands method...

jagga
10-13-2003, 11:58 PM
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I am gonna try to do it this weekend; and if it seems like too much work; i'll just have some audio store install it.

I appreciate your input!

Jet Black
10-13-2003, 11:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jagga)</div><div class='quotemain'>Thanks a lot for your help guys. I am gonna try to do it this weekend; and if it seems like too much work; i'll just have some audio store install it.

I appreciate your input!</div>

please dont do that. do it yourself, it might take a while. but when your finished the satisfaction will be worth it.

me2you1
10-14-2003, 07:35 AM
yeah don't let a store install it, i replaced the back speakers in my 99 es, and we had to take the whole freaking seat out, but when we were done it felt so great when we turned the radio on. just think how much easier a front panel is compared to a whole seat! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Jet Black
10-14-2003, 01:36 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(me2you1)</div><div class='quotemain'>yeah don't let a store install it, i replaced the back speakers in my 99 es, and we had to take the whole freaking seat out, but when we were done it felt so great when we turned the radio on. just think how much easier a front panel is compared to a whole seat! Â*:lol: Â*:lol:</div>

So thats how you get to the back speakers. It would seem that a plastic covering would stiffle some of the sound.