PDA

View Full Version : installed sidemarkers then hell broke lose

wwangster86
10-13-2003, 07:56 PM
I installed sidemarkers per instructions in some old post. Got it to blink with turn signal...but it blinks alternatly when parking lights are on. That's not the hell part.

While installing and testing which wires to tap in, everytime I turned on the ignition this horrible constant click lasting about 3 secs would go on then go away. Now my car does that everytime it starts PLUS the rpm will shoot up to 2500 and then drop real fast to 500 and almost sputters out. Oh yah, my radio gets no power its dead and my dome lights won't light up! I checked the fuses but they're all good.

The clicking sound sounds like its coming from the throttle body area and inside the fuse box under the hood. OMG! what did i screw up? Please help someone! Thanks!

Moosh
10-13-2003, 09:16 PM
UNDO THE WIRING FAST. Holy shit man you might of attached a ground to a power wire, that noise thats being made is made when the ECU has a connector not plugged in or something. DON'T DRIVE YOUR CAR! If you messed something up related to your sensors or ECU they will smoke!

J
10-13-2003, 09:21 PM
did you check the fuses under the hood. i think you blew the 10amp one in the yellow popper.

wwangster86
10-13-2003, 09:28 PM
oh crap. I disconnected the wires and even the battery for like 5 minutes and put everything back to normal...but its still making that sound and the rpm rev. Did i screw up the ecu already? Why would my radio and dome lights not work though?

I checked all the fuses under the hood and inside the dash...nothing is blown. Did i kill my baby?

Fishboy55
10-14-2003, 06:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wwangster86)</div><div class='quotemain'>oh crap. Â*I disconnected the wires and even the battery for like 5 minutes and put everything back to normal...but its still making that sound and the rpm rev. Â*Did i screw up the ecu already? Â*Why would my radio and dome lights not work though?

I checked all the fuses under the hood and inside the dash...nothing is blown. Â*Did i kill my baby?</div>
Dude, did you read the post right above yours? Did you pop the yellow fuse holder off and check both fuses inside it? This has been posted so many times, we should start a separate forum for common electrical problems when people do their own wiring...

Xavier22
10-14-2003, 07:36 AM
i agree chip --hmmmm. maybe i'll check the 2 fuses on the yellow pop - i got the same shit

FRCFD6
10-14-2003, 11:18 AM
see...rice is bad https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

sorry

wwangster86
10-14-2003, 01:20 PM
I checked "ALL" the fuses...not only the 2 10amps in the yellow popper. Its definitely not the fuses so someone mentioned the ECU. It could be because my car is idling so low that it actually when out on me a couple times. And the clicking sound (kinda like the sound of a bad relay switch) is near the throttle body...there's no fuse there.
Thanks for all the help guys...hope its not a huge problem.

pinoyesv6
10-14-2003, 01:24 PM
did u check the fused links too? those are a lil bit trickier to check. for those who dunno, the fused links are those giant fuse like things in the fuse box. they have a clear top to them and if u look inside, it looks like a wire with a drop of solder in the middle. check them if u didn't already. you really need to look at them closely to make sure they are fine.