PDA

View Full Version : Auto tranny problems??

madmax
09-12-2002, 10:31 PM
HEY Guys, I think I have a problem in my auto tranny ,when i start driving my car at low rpm's such as 2 or below its ok but when above 3 the tranny gives a knock or makes a idle motor runinng lop in between the 1 and the 2 gear change... :shock:

manybrews
09-12-2002, 11:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(madmax)</div><div class='quotemain'>HEY Guys, Â*I think I have a problem in my auto tranny ,when i start driving my car at low rpm's such as 2 or below its ok but when above 3 the tranny gives a knock or makes a idle motor runinng lop in between the 1 and the 2 gear change... Â*:shock:</div>

sorry, but that makes absolutly no sense.

totally incomprehensable.
please re-write it.

TJC
09-13-2002, 02:49 AM
yeah, you're not making any sense. are you saying that you are manually changing gears from 1st to 2nd but feels weird when shifting at over 2000 rpms? You have to clearify, no one knows what you are talking about, lol.

LatinGalant
09-24-2002, 03:35 PM
I just wanted to make a note that on my 2002 galant before 20,000 miles I started having really hard gear changes and shuttering between 3rd and 4th gears. Took it to one dealer said nothing is wrong then took to another dealer and stated clutches where bad they are seeing these more frequently. Rebuilt the damn transmission which pissed me off brand new car with a rebuilt transmission. Looks like I am going to go through the same shit I went through with my stratus. Guys, if you have warranty and feel anything wrong with the tranny take it in and if something is wrong get a brand new tranny none of this rebuild trash.

beachside2
09-30-2002, 09:31 PM
i have a 99 mitsubishi galant and at 70.000 miles the torque converter went with no syptoms or problems and the warranty was up i ended up having to rebuild the tranny and pay for it out of pocket, besides that i like the car but that was a little hard to swallow for a newer car https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif