PDA

View Full Version : Front to Back OR Back to Front

Black2k1GTZ
09-12-2002, 10:58 PM
Im getting together my list of parts that I am planning on installing...and since most of it has to do with making the engine breath better I was wondering if its better to start from the exhasut end and work forward to the throttle body...or the other way around.

Well here's my list of stuff I am going to install...

RPW 70mm Throttle body, P&P head, RPW 6 pack throttle body, 2.75" mandral bent exhaust and Hi-flow cat. Also there will be complimentary mods such as an FPR and AFC with the appropriate mods.

Thats another question I have...If I am going to install a 6 pack...do I need a 70mm throttle body too?????????

Any input will be appreciated...

Marc :mg:

pinoyesv6
09-12-2002, 11:00 PM
if u get a 6 pack, you won't need the 70mm tb.

as for to work from front to back or back to front i say start on each end and work your way to the middle lol...

RedGalant2k1
09-12-2002, 11:23 PM
typically you work fron back to front. no point increasing flow up front only to be slowed down at the as yet unmodded parts.

That or just do the whole thing at once https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

TJC
09-12-2002, 11:23 PM
They all seem like separate things yet some must be done together to function correctly. If you get a 6-pack, that's 6 TB that you have there and you would not need another TB like the 70mm TB.

I think the first question you should ask yourself is how extreme you want to go. With the 6-pack, that requires some serious all-at-once kind of modifications. I say this b/c if you go 6-pack, you have to get an ECM replacement like Haltech to handle everything as your stock MAS is thrown out. Also with that kind of intake, you will might need lots of other things to compensate and balance out the massive amount of air now coming in like AFR, bigger injectors, fuel pump, and all exhaust piping. I think you know what I'm getting at.

And I thought they still have some problems to work out with the 6-pack mod.

Anyways, once you make that big decision, then all other things fall in place.

PnP heads is a mod all on its own. I think you should work from front to back if you are not going the 6-pack route. And all the while constant tuning to each addition. Working in this order you will not have too big an exhaust w/o the mod up front which would be a bad consequence until you finish all mods. Also not sure about needing 2.75" exhaust piping with just a 70mm TB. Are you planning on FI also?

Nick VR4
09-13-2002, 05:11 AM
I would suggest the major mods first
Anything thats upgrading the engine do first
Dont upgrade something only to see something break due to not upgrading that first

Lazarus
09-14-2002, 05:02 AM
In a way I have to agree with Allan on start fro both endss and work to the middle. Correct me if I am wrong But If you working on taking in all that air but having no where to go with it your engine is going to run lean and you can run the risk of blowing it. That is what I was told from one of my dsm friends but I can't see any reason that starting from the back and working your way up would hurt it.