PDA

View Full Version : Dropping, How low should i go?

GlowinGalant
10-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Im thinking about dropping my ride, how many inches should i drop it? And how much does it usually cost? Will it change the way it drives and if it does will it drive better or worst? One of my friends was talkin about air ride, how much does that cost? Which would be better, air ride or jus dropping it?

Faction
10-14-2003, 08:29 PM
until your seat touches the ground.....LOL j/k.

i like the Tein kit for the V6 galant, very nice

Prophet
10-15-2003, 02:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GlowinGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Im thinking about dropping my ride, how many inches should i drop it? And how much does it usually cost? Will it change the way it drives and if it does will it drive better or worst? One of my friends was talkin about air ride, how much does that cost? Which would be better, air ride or jus dropping it?</div>

Depends on how much you want to spend. A good air ride kit will cost you a couple thousand. A good drop with spring/coilvers sturt and other parts will run you about a G. Any drop or messing with the suspenion from stock will change the way it feels. Lowering it will IMO improve on handaling but you will lose some comfort.

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
11-11-2003, 10:17 PM
i was wondering too....... i have my 17" rims with 205/40/17 tires .... what is a good drop..... i hate the gap in the front..... any pics of a car with 17s and a nice drop will help........... thankx

MidNightRacing
11-12-2003, 01:47 PM
rule of thumb. When you break your oil pan thats when your to low :twisted: otherwise your fine. Oh i would love some airbags instead of coilovers. 8)

galant2nr
11-12-2003, 04:03 PM
Just spend the money to do it right. Don't skimp with cheesy Ebay coilovers and you should be fine with whatever you choose. I ran Goldline springs and KYB struts until I got my air and I liked it alot. The car handled great. The air doesn't handle as good, but it sure does look good...

MidNightRacing
11-12-2003, 04:09 PM
Even when you have the airbag adjusted at stock spring hight? THey handel good? or no?

galant2nr
11-13-2003, 10:11 AM
The higher I raise the car, the better it handles, but the ride turns to shit pretty fast if I raise the pressure too high.