PDA

View Full Version : Fog Light Button Wiring

Jet Black
10-14-2003, 09:00 PM
Ok right now Im attempting to make it so that my Fog Lights come on with my normal headlights. So far I took off the fog light button and snipped all the wires. Their are 1 green with a white stripe, 1 green with no stripe, 1 black with a white stripe, 1 black with no stripe. Anyone know how to rewire these? So far my instument panel wont light up, but my headlights will come one.

Thanks

onlyphases
10-14-2003, 11:13 PM
if you just wanted them to come on with the headlights, I believe you could have just ran the white wire in the fuse box under hood (which goes to fog relay) to the headlight switch wire.

check the fog light rewire mod for the pics of the white wire I am talking about... some members have done this but not the way you are doing it.

pinoyesv6
10-14-2003, 11:16 PM
your instrument panel won't come on probably cuz you snipped the wires that light up the fog light button. thus breaking the circuit. find out which wire control the lights for the button and then the other two wires should be the ones that control the fog light itself

Jet Black
10-14-2003, 11:32 PM
Ok well I hooked everything back up, my fogs still work, but still no insrument panel.

Fishboy55
10-15-2003, 05:01 AM
The foglight switch is an electronic switch. You won't be able to use it to control anything except the foglights. The only thing that switch does is control the relay.