PDA

View Full Version : Which Fuse Controls The Insrument Panel?!?!

Jet Black
10-14-2003, 09:54 PM
Ok I believe I blew out a fuse, my whole insturment panel wont light, only the indication lights come on (High Beam/Door Open/Oil Check/Fog Lights ect).

Thanks

TITAN
10-15-2003, 11:19 AM
gotcha son....

you need to get under your dash and there will be a whole shit load of wires along with 2 of those bigger fuses, red and blue and just over 1/2". the red one is the one you will need to replace. Its a 10. If you have one side of your parking lights out too, you will need to replace a 7.5 fuse under the hood. I would try to explain where it is, but I dont know if the fuse box set ups where changed thru the years, but it should be really easy to find because of the diagram either way.

there is no need to remove panel under steering column. if I could get my big ass under there over 5 times, then Im sure that you can get your skinny ass under there.

I would reccommend using 2 pair of plyers, 1 to hold the housing for the fuse and 1 to pull the fuse out. mine was pretty damn hard all five times. the just replace the fuse and try not to touch the metal part too much. Some might disagree with me, but I think thats why I had to replace it a few times.

Jet Black
10-16-2003, 12:13 AM
gotcha son....

you need to get under your dash and there will be a whole shit load of wires along with 2 of those bigger fuses, red and blue and just over 1/2". the red one is the one you will need to replace. Its a 10. If you have one side of your parking lights out too, you will need to replace a 7.5 fuse under the hood. I would try to explain where it is, but I dont know if the fuse box set ups where changed thru the years, but it should be really easy to find because of the diagram either way.

there is no need to remove panel under steering column. if I could get my big ass under there over 5 times, then Im sure that you can get your skinny ass under there.

I would reccommend using 2 pair of plyers, 1 to hold the housing for the fuse and 1 to pull the fuse out. mine was pretty damn hard all five times. the just replace the fuse and try not to touch the metal part too much. Some might disagree with me, but I think thats why I had to replace it a few times.

Hmmm well I couldnt find the Fuses you were talking about. But you were right my right side lights died. Could you explain to me again where they are? Are they with all the rest of the fuses?

TITAN
10-16-2003, 09:22 AM
gotcha son....

Hmmm well I couldnt find the Fuses you were talking about. But you were right my right side lights died. Could you explain to me again where they are? Are they with all the rest of the fuses?

ok I was talking about 2 sets of fuses. one is in that box under the hood, and the other is UNDER your dash. not on the side panel. they are just hanging there on a wire. maybe you should remove your panel under the steering column. it may be easier for you to look all around under, because I just realized that when the shop put in my alarm, they kinda loosly ziptied most of the wires under my dash together so as to keep them all together, but not make them heat up.

yes, try taking off that panel UNDER the steering column. its about 6 or 7 screws.

Jet Black
10-16-2003, 11:07 PM
Grrr Im so retarded. I still cant find the fuse your talking about. But I think I have a fair idea.

http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/be3348fe/bc/HOLY+SHIT+BATMAN/__hr_Whole-Fuse.jpg?bf.52j_AIE_fSOiH
http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/users/be3348fe/bc/HOLY+SHIT+BATMAN/__hr_Full.jpg?bf.52j_AOBRKb2im

Is the one that I circled the fuse your talking about?

pinoyesv6
10-16-2003, 11:17 PM
teh red circle is a wire tap...

TITAN
10-17-2003, 09:17 AM
well I cant see the pics anymore. you cant host from yahoo like that. just copy the link and paste it in here and then I'll tell you what I can see in the picture.

Jet Black
10-17-2003, 12:39 PM
http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/bac....src=bc&.view=l ('http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/backupboy2002/lst?&.dir=/&.src=bc&.view=l')

Their we are. That should work.

TITAN
10-17-2003, 01:55 PM
they are gonna be under the sttering column, not next to the fuse box. look for one over there. and I dont even see the one that you said you circled???

TITAN
10-17-2003, 01:59 PM
ok i looked in the other folder and I saw it. thanks for that info on the mirror tho!! haha im gonna be changing mine soon!

anyway, def. no, that is not it. its gonna be one of those square fuses. just like the kind that are in that side fuse box as well as under the hood. so its going to be connected to 1 or 2 wires and the fuse goes into a little white square. i wish i knew what to call it but soory i dont.