PDA

View Full Version : 4g63 Hyundai???

jayhood26
10-15-2003, 04:00 AM
While reading through this months sport compact mag i came across the article which read that somebody took our beloved 4g63 engine, and placed it in a Hyundai. Are we falling behind on our own personal mods or are others trying to catch up to us. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

brandon
10-15-2003, 07:51 AM
Pretty sure there's at least a couple 4G64 turbo Hyundai's out there too.

4-G-rim
10-15-2003, 12:27 PM
Earlier Hyundais (early 90's to mid 90's) were equipped with N/A 4g63's and 4g64's. I believe the Excels had 4g63's and Sonatas had 4g64's. I read that article and was not surprised since most likely those Hyundai's were set up to have 63's and 64's nestled in their bays.

brandon
10-15-2003, 12:30 PM
Hyundai loves stealing motors from everyone else. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

evil-G-nius
10-15-2003, 06:51 PM
well you see how crappy the car is...they gotta attract people somehow!

VypA
10-17-2003, 07:43 AM
as it says in the article it didnt come w/ a 4G63(not this one at least), but the entire engine bay and all is almost exactly the same as a mirage (i think) of the same year... all they needed was a motor mount so thats not so difficult. but yea... every1 needs mitsu engines to be fast https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif j/k

GalantSpeed
10-25-2003, 12:45 PM
DaimlerChrysler AG, Hyundai Motor Company, and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation announced that the formation of a joint venture company for the design, development, and engineering of a new family of in-line four cylinder gasoline engines. Global Engine Alliance L.L.C. will jointly develop these engines through the combined resources of all three companies. The engines will be used in future generations of vehicles of the Chrysler Group, Mitsubishi Motors, and Hyundai Motor.

Basically what that says is the 3 companies are sharing motors now, Hyundai used to lease the 4g63 motor from mitsu, and in the lease agreement Hyundai was allowed to put their name on the engine and into their cars. so pretty much Mitsu owners get a break now, you have 3 companies to choose from when getting parts.....