PDA

View Full Version : rim size question

JJHalter
10-16-2003, 09:23 PM
Do you guys think 16" are too small and what type/brand of tire would you recommend something pretty good in price nothing too expensive.

Links to sites would be appreciated. (for tires)

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
10-16-2003, 09:28 PM
are you gonna drop ur car ? i just put 17's on but i need to drop it .... i think i should of put 18s tho ... but everyone sayd that i wouldnt be able to drop em that much

Prophet
10-17-2003, 01:29 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJHalter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you guys think 16" are too small and what type/brand of tire would you recommend something pretty good in price nothing too expensive.

Links to sites would be appreciated. Â*(for tires)</div>

If you are going to be getting new wheels I would just go ahead and drop the couple hundred more and get some 17's or even 18's. Just MHO. Cheap good tires I would get some Falken Visas.

8ggalant
10-17-2003, 01:32 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe)</div><div class='quotemain'>i think i should of put 18s tho ... but everyone sayd that i wouldnt be able to drop em that much</div>

i dunno who told u that...i have 18's on my car and i have a 2.2 in drop all around https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Jet Black
10-17-2003, 02:09 AM
I say go with the 17s. A magazine did a review on all the ideal rim size, and 17 came in first, then 18.

SilverDragonGTZ
10-17-2003, 02:58 AM
go with 18s or 19s...everyone seems anymore 17 is the norm, knock it a step up and go 18s...galant2nr has 19s and has 4 inches of movement with his air ride...so you can drop it with no rub...just gotta watch wheel width and offset...stock offset is +46mm i believe, so keep it real close to that and you should get plenty of drop from an 18x7.5 size wheel...

10-17-2003, 02:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jet BLaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>I say go with the 17s. Â*A magazine did a review on all the ideal rim size, and 17 came in first, then 18.</div>
size doesn't matter. lol.

I would place weight and tire design above size, but that's just my opinion.

Reelax
10-17-2003, 04:05 AM
u goin for speed or looks? that should b the question that will lead you to the answer of your size question. most guys that have 18's and up daily or show, have 17" road course wheels and 15" and 16" 1/4 wheels (18's and 19's are heavy but look much better than 17's and 16's).

JJHalter
10-17-2003, 02:06 PM
Well the thing is guys I already have these rims they were given to me. Can't complain right?

10-17-2003, 02:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJHalter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well the thing is guys I already have these rims they were given to me. Â*Can't complain right?</div>
nope ya sure can't!!

Make sure you get the right size tire, I know it sounds stupid but if you buy too high an aspect ratio tire, they may go on fine, but then when you go out and accelerate, the rear of the car dips down and your tires may start rubbing against the fenderwell. Just something to watch.

JJHalter
10-18-2003, 01:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJHalter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Well the thing is guys I already have these rims they were given to me. Â*Can't complain right?</div>
nope ya sure can't!!

Make sure you get the right size tire, I know it sounds stupid but if you buy too high an aspect ratio tire, they may go on fine, but then when you go out and accelerate, the rear of the car dips down and your tires may start rubbing against the fenderwell. Just something to watch.</div>

Thanks for the warning I'll take that to mind when I look for tires. Do you know any sites with good priced tires? I found this place that will go 20% off of a online quote.

Diesel
10-20-2003, 12:24 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJHalter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you guys think 16" are too small and what type/brand of tire would you recommend something pretty good in price nothing too expensive.

i think 16's look a bit small on a G...

JJHalter
10-20-2003, 02:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Diesel)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JJHalter)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you guys think 16" are too small and what type/brand of tire would you recommend something pretty good in price nothing too expensive.

i think 16's look a bit small on a G...</div>

Bigger than what I got now right and I didn't pay for them. Maybe in the future when I have $$$ I'll get some 18". but untill then these will do.

Reelax
10-20-2003, 03:18 PM
well just make sure the rims fit. free doesn't mean they fit.

here's what you want:

PCD=5x114.3
width=6.5"-8"
offset=close to +46mm (stock)

tire size stock is 205/55r16 so to upgrade get 225/50zr16.

JJHalter
10-21-2003, 03:34 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Reelax)</div><div class='quotemain'>well just make sure the rims fit. Â*free doesn't mean they fit.

here's what you want:

PCD=5x114.3
width=6.5"-8"
offset=close to +46mm (stock)

tire size stock is 205/55r16 so to upgrade get 225/50zr16.</div>

Oh' believe me already checked that before I took them home.