PDA

View Full Version : CARBON FIBER TRUNK LIDS!!!

Max_Jinas
10-17-2003, 12:21 AM
Just checked nopi out and it came up with very little for the 2k3 but one interesting thing that did pop up was this little gem.

http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseac...%20Lid&vaffid=0 ('http://www.nopionline.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=dsppartdetail&vmakeid=250&vmodelid=020&vcatyear=2003&vnopinum=833%2B0122&vTitle=2003%20MITSUBISHI%20Galant%20Body%20Compone nts%20Body%20Part%20-%20Trunk%20Lid&vaffid=0')

I know its one hell of a link, and the picture of the lid isnt the same as it would be on our cars, does anyone have any info on this? man, just think about it, cf hood, and cf trunk. wow!!!

Stewi
10-17-2003, 12:30 AM
The CF trunk has been available from Vis for quite some time now, but WAIT there is a problem. The word on the street is that the trunk is sized off a JDM VR4 and needs to be trimmed to fit our USDM G's. Sorry, i dunon about you but I aint paying $500 for some nice CF trunk that im gonna have to shave and mess up, to make it fit my car. Hopefully they will get the fitment right next time.

8ggalant
10-17-2003, 01:42 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Stewi)</div><div class='quotemain'>The CF trunk has been available from Vis for quite some time now, but WAIT there is a problem. The word on the street is that the trunk is sized off a JDM VR4 and needs to be trimmed to fit our USDM G's. Sorry, i dunon about you but I aint paying $500 for some nice CF trunk that im gonna have to shave and mess up, to make it fit my car. Hopefully they will get the fitment right next time.</div>

who said that...juss wonderin... :?

Prophet
10-17-2003, 01:49 AM
From what I hear the kid with the Red Galant and trunk was the test fitter for it. So it is based off of the USDM Galant but what concerns me is that the lics. plate space is huge like the JDM Galant. If some one wants to test fit and report back what you find I will let it go at cost but don't expect a huge discount. These lids are not cheap.

Holla
[email protected]

8ggalant
10-17-2003, 02:20 AM
i would think worst cast scenario if thers no usdm licence plate holes then u juss drill'em yer self...i mean hell we drill into our hood for hood pins

ChromeGalant
10-19-2003, 08:42 AM
I think someone used their calibrated eye to make that ass-uption about the trunk lid. They said it look off in one of the pictures of it on the red galant. Who knows.. how much can you get it for? (Prophet, PM me)

Sooo many people with all these great opinions here on the board... 80% of them are backed by fluff.. I heard this.. and that..its funny how some users give tips on a drop or rims and are still rollin hubcaps or factory wheels.. not directed at anyone in particular.. just a shotgun blast..sorry TGC just venting.. in a shitty mood this morning..

MitsuRacer
10-20-2003, 09:54 AM
If you take a good look at that picture, you will notice that it isn't even for a Galant. The license plate area is for a European plate and it has holes on the sides for half of a tail light housing to go, last time I checked our tail lights were 1 peice. I'm guessing thats actually for a Civic. I'd call them to see if the trunk is in stock or if they even carry them at all before you buy. Just lettin ya know.... :twisted:

8ggalant
10-20-2003, 09:58 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you take a good look at that picture, you will notice that it isn't even for a Galant. The license plate area is for a European plate and it has holes on the sides for half of a tail light housing to go, last time I checked our tail lights were 1 peice. I'm guessing thats actually for a Civic. I'd call them to see if the trunk is in stock or if they even carry them at all before you buy. Just lettin ya know.... :twisted:</div>

yes we werr aware alotta sites use a example pic ...when i bout my oem cf hood they head a pic of a rsx hood up...so yes call them...but yes they do carry the hood...them and plenty other stores

Prophet
10-20-2003, 10:38 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MitsuRacer)</div><div class='quotemain'>If you take a good look at that picture, you will notice that it isn't even for a Galant. The license plate area is for a European plate and it has holes on the sides for half of a tail light housing to go, last time I checked our tail lights were 1 peice. I'm guessing thats actually for a Civic. I'd call them to see if the trunk is in stock or if they even carry them at all before you buy. Just lettin ya know.... :twisted:</div>

yes we werr aware alotta sites use a example pic ...when i bout my oem cf hood they head a pic of a rsx hood up...so yes call them...but yes they do carry the hood...them and plenty other stores</div>

Yeah what he said..^^^^

Mac let email me I know your really intrested in getting the trunk lid and we need to settle these ass-upmtion once and for all. Email me at

[email protected]

and we can work out the details. Besides that trunk would look real nice on your ride. 8)

ScOtTiE_MaK
10-20-2003, 03:36 PM
bring down the price and you might have a few more buyers.....500 for the trunk when i got my hood for 400 is nuts....also get some pictures with some 8Gs wearing it =)

Prophet
10-20-2003, 05:55 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScOtTiE_MaK)</div><div class='quotemain'>bring down the price and you might have a few more buyers.....500 for the trunk when i got my hood for 400 is nuts....also get some pictures with some 8Gs wearing it =)</div>

Become a GF member then we can talk about lowering prices. Also this is pricing from VIS. There cost price is more than the hood cost so I sell it more than the hood and as far as I know there is only one 8G that I know of that has this trunk lid in the US. So how can I get more 8G's with it on. A rarity as of now so you pay a higher also. VIS has to make there money somewhere.

8ggalant
10-20-2003, 09:19 PM
yea lets get a gb goin :roll: ...common now...if u really want the trunk lid save up and buy it....everything cant be aquired by a hook up...j ill be callin u in the spring :twisted:

Prophet
10-21-2003, 12:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea lets get Â*a gb goin :roll: ...common now...if u really want the trunk lid Â*save up and buy it....everything cant be aquired by a hook up...j ill be callin u in the spring :twisted:</div>

Some members don't remeber the hood costing $600.00 on a GB when it first came out. :roll:

The way it looks bro I will have one waiting for you. :wink:

8ggalant
10-21-2003, 12:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Prophet)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(8ggalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>yea lets get Â*a gb goin :roll: ...common now...if u really want the trunk lid Â*save up and buy it....everything cant be aquired by a hook up...j ill be callin u in the spring :twisted:</div>

Some members don't remeber the hood costing $600.00 on a GB when it first came out. :roll:

The way it looks bro I will have one waiting for you. :wink:</div>

:twisted:

Max_Jinas
10-21-2003, 12:56 AM
Jason, you know that im down for one, just some things that i want to get first..mainly the s7 gauges, do you guys at dna have them in stock???

ScOtTiE_MaK
10-21-2003, 08:18 AM
no i remember when it went for 600...im not a dumb ass and one to think that things need to be cheaper but im sayin shits expensive is all for less materials used i believe, could be wrong but the hood seems to be larger at least.