PDA

View Full Version : who knows???

midwestgalant
10-18-2003, 03:49 PM
who knows the part number for the chrome galant letters for the front doors??

seems the stupid dealer out here cant tell me one of the guys told me they didnt even exist????????

and they told me it would be like 150 bucks to change the timing belt

i dont think i'll be going back to that dealer

clone2020
10-18-2003, 04:00 PM
The chrome letters for the front doors? Do you mean the "V6" emblems on the sides? I believe it should cost between $10-$30.

$150 including the timing belt? That's cheap. The belt alone from the dealership costs like $75.

-Mike.

galantv600
10-18-2003, 04:13 PM
to change my timing belt at 60,000 and all the service its gone be $760... and the chome letters u mean the one people put on the saids that are on the trunk lid... u just have to ask em for the trunk lid GALANT letters...

yofadahead
10-18-2003, 04:22 PM
if you're talking about the galant letters that other people have on their front doors, it's the letters off the back of the car. those cost about 18 bucks at my dealer. yours may be a little different, but i doubt it'll be over 20.

midwestgalant
10-18-2003, 04:56 PM
the dealer told me the trunk letters were not the same even though i know they do

after i told him that he said that i would have to order the whole chrome piece on the rear of the car just to get the letters
and that i would have to order 2 of them

they told me that thetiming belt was only 35 dollars

i think that i need to find a new dealer

ChikagoGTZ
10-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Shoot, I'm driving to Missouri to get my timing belt changed...150 is wicked cheap!

yofadahead
10-18-2003, 05:35 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(midwestgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>the dealer told me the trunk letters were not the same even though i know they do

after i told him that he said that i would have to order the whole chrome piece on the rear of the car just to get the letters
and that i would have to order 2 of them

they told me that thetiming belt was only 35 dollars

i think that i need to find a new dealer</div>

i have the part number for the letters laying around here, somewhere. i'll post again when i find the paper. and that dealer doesn't want your business if they tell you some crap like that. find another one.

yofadahead
10-18-2003, 05:37 PM
i got it. the part number is 97056. the page i have has all the emblems on it so if you want me to scan the page and email to you, let me know.