PDA

View Full Version : Replacing rotors

Va_G_Unit
10-18-2003, 04:06 PM
Has anyone here replaced there rotors?? I have a 99 Galant and I am trying to replace my rotors but can seem to get the rear ones off. Can anyone help???? It is a 99 V-6.

Galant_01
10-18-2003, 07:00 PM
You cannot get the rears off? Hum... You took the Caliper & Caliper Mount off? If all that is done you can hit it with a Rubber hammer and it will break loose. Sometimes they get fused onto the spindal.

Fishboy55
10-18-2003, 07:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Va_G_Unit)</div><div class='quotemain'>Has anyone here replaced there rotors?? Â* I have a 99 Galant and I am trying to replace my rotors but can seem to get the rear ones off. Â*Can anyone help???? Â*It is a 99 V-6.</div>
Derek,

The rear rotors are held on by the shoes for the parking brake on the inner hat. First, if you haven't already, release your parking brake. Then try gently tapping around the edges of the rotor while turning it to break it loose. If that doesn't work you'll see a hole in the front face of the rotor by the center hub hat. Screw a long bolt in that hole and it will break the rotor free. But the light tapping should work. That's what broke mine loose.

Chip

Galant_01
10-18-2003, 09:46 PM
Mine did not have a screw on the rears but then again mine is a 2001. I do know what Chip is talking about though some cars have that and it would definitely keep them from coming off!