PDA

View Full Version : where's the post....

The 99 Galant
10-19-2003, 09:44 AM
i was wondering where the post for how to remove the wood grain pieces in the interior was. I've looked but haven't found it yet. Also has anyone mounted their crossovers for their speakers in the door and where have you put it? Thanks

J
10-19-2003, 10:25 AM
the interior trim pieces in the center of the car, you just pull on them, and they come out.

they're held in by metal clips. the one around the stereo and the shifter, just get a hold of it, and pull on it, it'll come out.

the door ones, you have to remove the door panel, then on the back, unscrew the trim pieces. to remove the door, just go around the sides, lift up the circular caps covering the screws to the panel. unscrew those. unscrew the door pull black cup screw. unscrew the screw in the plastic door handle well, and remove that plastic around the handle too.

then, pull out on the panel from like the bottom edge, it'll pop off, reach behind, unplug the window controller by squeezing and pulling the controller. then lift up on the panel and lift it out of the window well. look on the back, unscrew what you need to unscrew to get the controller out and the trim pieces off.

The 99 Galant
10-19-2003, 05:18 PM
sweet...i knew about the center console and radio piece just not the doors. I've started on the radio piece its a pain. What type of sand paper do you use, like grit wise and all. I think i have 40, 80 150 and wetdry paper.

Serstylz2
06-28-2004, 10:28 AM
So the wood grain by the radio jus pulls out? How about by the shifter? I plan on painting that today, and I know how to do the doors, just wasnt positive about the middle console wood grain pieces.

pinoyesv6
06-28-2004, 08:13 PM
the wood grain by the radio pulls out. that and the wood grain surrounding the radio are the only ones that just pull out.