PDA

View Full Version : VIS EVO cf hood? for those who have them

bam462
10-20-2003, 11:16 PM
ok i bought a used evo hood and it has hood pins. i just went out drilled holes in my car for the hood pin rods, placed hood on car and tightened the 4 bolts, shut the hood and it wont shut all the way, now offcorse i can just latch the pins down and it will be fine( i meen it wont blow up in my face at 30 miles an hour) but after studyin what was keeping it from shuting ALL the way is that my strut towers are hitting the hood. has anyone cut to modify this problem for proper fitment. lookin at it it aint that big of a deal, i just want sum ideas thankyou

Censee
10-20-2003, 11:33 PM
yea i just dremeled the part where it hit the towers off the hoood.. u may wanna put ure bump stops all the way down too... and make sure to check if it hits ure radiator cap as well..mines did all of the above...

8ggalant
10-20-2003, 11:37 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'> i meen it wont blow up in my face at 30 miles an hour </div>

whatchu tryin to say....u got jokes :evil: ...hahah j/k....now i tryed to advise some1 on this amonth ago and got flamed...so hah..i was right https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif ///thanks censee

ScOtTiE_MaK
10-21-2003, 08:20 AM
i had to cut down the hood pins and i screws those things down and it fit...i also tightened the hood latch for extra protection =)

ChromeGalant
10-21-2003, 12:28 PM
I didnt have to cut or dremel on this one.. mine is actually more secure than my last hood with the factory latch..

bam462
10-21-2003, 09:18 PM
well i cut the hood and put the bumpers down but the latch that you open from inside wont hook owe well the hood pins will hold it. and to a hood commin up at 20 to 30 miles an hour is personal experence. i had a truck and was gonna change the oil, poped hood, went inside, then had to go to store, forgot to push hood back down, and a half a mile down the road WAMMO!!!! the hood was on the winsheild.

anyway thanks for your help

8ggalant
10-21-2003, 09:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>well i cut the hood and put the bumpers down but the latch that you open from inside wont hook owe well the hood pins will hold it. Â*and to a hood commin up at 20 to 30 miles an hour is personal experence. i had a truck and was gonna change the oil, poped hood, went inside, then had to go to store, forgot to push hood back down, and a half a mile down the road WAMMO!!!! the hood was on the winsheild. Â*

anyway thanks for your help</div>

i kno bro...same shyt happend to me recently...thats why i said sumthin https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif