PDA

View Full Version : WTF

MidNightRacing
10-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Ok so my check engine light came on like friday. Iv'e been driving the car as a "normal" driver so today I was beating the shit outta on the high way n every road i was on then suddenly the light goes off! :shock: Mybe it was getting upset because i wasn't giving her a workout? I dont know. u??

GalantGuy96
10-21-2003, 05:34 PM
hahaha, funny...
but i dont know, sorry

neXus
10-21-2003, 11:41 PM
Lights on the 7g's are about as dysfunctional as the Bundys from Married With Children. My check engine light was wazoo a few months ago and now my e-brake light goes off and on now and then and i dont even use my brake anymore.

cantbeatmy97
10-22-2003, 11:43 AM
check your brake fluid level maybe low that would trigger yur idiot light to go on

JiP
10-22-2003, 12:17 PM
When the light comes on for something stupid, it eventualy goes out when the ecu notices it isnt a problem anymore. Though my CEL likes to stay on forever if I get a code.

josh_877
11-28-2003, 04:03 PM
my check engine sign goes on for a while then goes off...........then comes back on........some guy said it may be my O2 sensor???????? or something like that??? is it true??

JiP
11-29-2003, 12:13 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>my check engine sign goes on for a while then goes off...........then comes back on........some guy said it may be my O2 sensor???????? or something like that??? is it true??</div>

When its on, get the error code read.

josh_877
11-29-2003, 04:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>my check engine sign goes on for a while then goes off...........then comes back on........some guy said it may be my O2 sensor???????? or something like that??? is it true??</div>

When its on, get the error code read.</div>

error code???????? what is that & how do i do it?

JiP
11-30-2003, 12:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(JiP)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>my check engine sign goes on for a while then goes off...........then comes back on........some guy said it may be my O2 sensor???????? or something like that??? is it true??</div>

When its on, get the error code read.</div>

error code???????? what is that & how do i do it?</div>

The check engine light lit up means the ecu has an error code stored. Bring it to autozone and ask them to tell you what the code is and clear it. They will plug in this device that will read your error, and turn the check engine light off. Its free.