PDA

View Full Version : HEEEEEELLLLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dashizna
10-21-2003, 07:37 PM
ok i have a 91 galant that i am about ready to just part out it is being a pain i have changed every sensor in the car the the check engine light keeps giving me we took the ecu to a guy and he replaced the 3 caps in it but wasn't sure if he got it fixed welll its doing it normal sh!t again and i am sick of messin with this piece of junk please let me know what every one else things

Thanks
Dave

ken inn
10-22-2003, 04:20 PM
what are the codes setting off the lite? if you dont know that, you need to start at square 1. and, having a bozo redo the caps is a very common error with the vr4's. it needs to be done by a competent person. you can TRY jeff([email protected]), but dont badger him if he dont want to do it. and dont even send it out unless you KNOW why the ce lite is on. a simple buzzer from radio shack can tell you what codes have been thrown.

http://www.vfaq.com/FAQlocator-index.html ('http://www.vfaq.com/FAQlocator-index.html')

under electrical, look for ecu codes and follow the instructions.

orangbaligila
10-22-2003, 08:56 PM
ok i have a 91 galant that i am about ready to just part out it is being a pain i have changed every sensor in the car the the check engine light keeps giving me we took the ecu to a guy and he replaced the 3 caps in it but wasn't sure if he got it fixed welll its doing it normal sh!t again and i am sick of messin with this piece of junk please let me know what every one else things

Thanks
Dave

hi buddy,...
is your car 2.0L DOHC non turbo?!
how much have you spent to repair the ECU?!
i happen to have a stock DOHC n/a ECU lying around doing nothing at the moment, just in case you need them, i'm planning to sell it 30% from the new price if you're interested...

FYI, it has been refurbished once and it's running nicely up to the day i replace it w/ a standalone ECU, been stored in a box inside my cabinet for 3 mths now.

this offer is to everyone else as well

umm,... i have some other parts as well

Dashizna
10-23-2003, 12:17 AM
what are the codes setting off the lite? if you dont know that, you need to start at square 1. and, having a bozo redo the caps is a very common error with the vr4's. it needs to be done by a competent person. you can TRY jeff([email protected]), but dont badger him if he dont want to do it. and dont even send it out unless you KNOW why the ce lite is on. a simple buzzer from radio shack can tell you what codes have been thrown.

ok heres whats up its not a VR4 for one. This guy is a repair man that repairs electronics and he is pretty good. the codes are
15 13 21 25
intake coolant barometric and idle speed have replaced all. The barometric pressure is located along with the mass air sensor so replaced it.

hi buddy,...
is your car 2.0L DOHC non turbo?!
how much have you spent to repair the ECU?!
i happen to have a stock DOHC n/a ECU lying around doing nothing at the moment, just in case you need them, i'm planning to sell it 30% from the new price if you're interested...

This car is a 2.0L SOHC 5spd non turbo it cost 100 to repair the ecu

please let me know any more ideas

Thanks
Dave

ken inn
10-23-2003, 10:01 AM
first off, i KNOW it is not a vr4. the probablility that all those sensors went out at the same time is nil. more than likely, the caps leaked out, ate up some of the circuit board, and/or solder traces, and probably shorted out some of the drivers, or other components. THAT is what i mean by a bozo redoing the caps and the ecu STILL not work. just resoldering caps is easy. CHECKING everything, and KNOWING what to check is more important. the caps cost about 5 bucks. labor to change caps is about 25 bucks. i still think your ecu is whacked.