stalling out when I lef it in idle. So I adjusted the idler but now it seems
tha the car is sucking in to much air. Just wanted to know if anyone had
the same problem? If so what can I do nto fix it. Right now the car drives
fine but I noticed the gas milege went down which I guess it means that
the throttle is open to much. right?

Pete

Ed
10-23-2003, 10:33 AM
Did you do the TB mod? If so you have it too tight...loosen it up. What RPM is it idle at? Should be around 1000 or 900 I believe.....someone correct me if I'm wrong.....

Fishboy55
10-23-2003, 10:41 AM
Did you do the TB mod? If so you have it too tight...loosen it up. What RPM is it idle at? Should be around 1000 or 900 I believe.....someone correct me if I'm wrong..... It's 750 +/- 10% I think. Don't have the manual at work.

What do you mean you adjusted the idler. Tell me you didn't turn the screw on the TB. And there's no way a drop caused your call to stall unless you knocked something off like a vacuum hose or something.

cooldog45
10-24-2003, 02:37 PM
I did adjust the screw on the TB (the guy that was installing it did, was he not supposed to?) and no I did not to the tb mod. the only reason why i di that is casue hat was the only way my car would run. I'm gonna check all the vaccum hoses as suggested but if that's not it hen wht can it possibly be?

Kalamidad
10-24-2003, 04:22 PM
you should not have let him touch the screw. Now you're screwed. I am not sure what to suggest but i can tell you it will cost you. It is impossible to get the screw to the right position once it's moved. All you can do know is wait until fishboy or Manybrews see this topic again. edit the title and write that you moved the idle screw to get their attention.

Fishboy55
10-25-2003, 05:48 AM
the idle is totally automatic.
if its not idling at 750 +-, its ROYALLY screwed up.

a little tip.. there is NOTHING that needs adjustment on the throttle, ever..
if you messed with it, youve probably screwed it up.

You'll will probably need the help of an extremely experienced mechanic with an MUT-II tool or you're going to have to go the dreaded dealer to get the idle set back.

For everyone else, NEVER, never mess with the throttle adjustments, with the exception of tightening the TB cable. Everything else is electronically controlled by the ECU and if you touch it you're going to fuck it up.

TJC
11-01-2003, 02:34 AM
Now that's a weird one. Why would dropping the car affect your idle? Well, could be that when you dropped the car that you might have bottomed out and damaged your O2 sensor on your aftermarket piping? I'm just guessing here because that's what happened to me.

Anyway, is your idle rough or occasionally bounce up and down, especially noticably when your car is warmed up and you have it in neutral?

Your RPM should be around 700 +/- 50. And Fishboy is right about the idle screw... it doesn't do anything. Even if you open or close the idle screw and it may affect it in the beginning, eventually the ECU adjusts the idle automatically to negate those changes.

Good or bad, hopefully it will throw your check engine light and you can get a diagnostic code to get you closer to your problem.