PDA

View Full Version : New spark plugs & wiring

jeucken
10-25-2003, 02:59 AM
I read on a dutch forum that it is possible to buy better spark plugs and wiring for my 6g.

Where can I buy these and which are the best?

ProjectNA-Galant
10-09-2004, 02:30 PM
I believe Magnecore sells spark plug wires, they are probably the same for any 4g63. Spark plug wise i would recommend the NGK Vpower, which they most likely have for this engine. Make sure the spark plugs are the hottest heat rating they have.

dsmracer
10-12-2004, 02:57 AM
Magnecors do well for some, but mine had a few problems. I personally prefer Nology. The wires for any 4G63 other than the Evo 4+ will fit. As for plugs go with either NGK R's, or Beru Silverstones.

ken inn
10-12-2004, 10:05 AM
you can spend a lot of money on wires, but they wont be any better than a regular wire set. same thing with spark plugs. i have a set of kingsborne wires on my car, simply because they make them for a cyclone intake. magnecors will also work, but they have been known to give problems, and magnecor will not honor thier warranty. with the stock manifold, i used ngk wires. plugs i use bosch W7DTC, or ngk BP6ET, triple electrode plugs, gapped at .07mm. even at low boost setting of 18 lbs, the car can be hard on plugs. if i had an n/a car, i would use the bosch +4 platinums. ymmv

dsmracer
10-13-2004, 03:33 PM
I agree with Ken on the fact that plugs and wires alone will have a minimal effect. The 2-channel MPI system the 4G63 DOHC uses is not very efficent. In order to capitalise on these mods you have to also include power amplifiers. You need 2, one for each channel.