PDA

View Full Version : Tail lights and dash lights keep going out

KathleenDavis94GL
10-25-2003, 08:06 PM
I changed every fuse under the dash, nothing. The lights go out then they don't come back on for a few days , then voila! they're back on. Right now they're off. When they are on the clock dims. Huh? Anyone else had/have this problem? Can anyone tell me which fuse under the hood/dash is for these lights? I know this sounds crazy but I can't figure it out, help please.

4-G-rim
10-25-2003, 09:47 PM
Not sure why you tail lights keep going...but I would try to change all the bulbs and make sure no moisture is in the housing. See if there is any water leaking to the harness sockets..might be shorting out. As for the panels lights dimming when you turn on your lights...that is normal.

KathleenDavis94GL
10-25-2003, 09:51 PM
You may be right, too dark tonight but I'll check first thing in the morning. Thanks.

QnzMostWanted
10-26-2003, 09:47 AM
also make sure u dont have a wire short thats making it ground out and pop the fuse

KathleenDavis94GL
10-26-2003, 07:07 PM
Great news...fixed the lights,yeahhh! But (there's always a but isn't there?) the problem was that a red wire coming from a box with no identifying label (all it said was "wait 3 minutes for voltage to register" Huh?) was touching the fuse box under the hood ergo shorting the lights out. So I again replaced the 10A TAIL fuse under the hood and wrapped this wire in electrical tape . Anybody know what this is? Oh yeah, Thanks for your help, you all are awsome!