PDA

View Full Version : Injen CAI

95vegasgalant
09-14-2002, 02:33 PM
:twisted: I went to the Injen website and I wrote them about making a CAI for our cars we have CAI already but it looks wacked so if you guys go to www.injen.com and skip the intro ill tell you in the bottom contact philip E mail him. If theres alot of us maybe theyll make one for our cars they have the parts already they just gotta make it fit and I gave him the TGC wabsite to look at so he can see that people would actually buy it im down for it. They have the rubber for the oval side already from the eclipse turbo they just goota make the 4 inch for the front one. Come on write this guy it might actaully happen :twisted:

o0 XeRO G 0o
09-14-2002, 02:40 PM
good job man, good idea. I definitely would be interested, I'm gettin ready to email him now...

2True
09-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Ya great idea.... but ..... you said that they need to make the 4" MAS adapter right? Well, if that's true then we're talking Ram Air then. The 4" adapter would be set up for the filter to fit on the MAS, same setup as the WeaponR intake. If that's what you want, just buy a WeaponR and then get a different filter (same price range I would guess) .
The CAI would have to have a MAS adapter of 3" to work correctly because you'll be fitting another peice of tubing to it. I have never heard of a 4" silencer to a 2.5" peice of tube, they just don't make them ..because I've looked. The only place that sells them is Home Depot and those things are humungus... I bought one.
I emailed that guy you mentioned to let him in on what is truly needed for a CAI to fit on a Mitsubishi EFI engine. He hasn't replied yet but I'm not surprised.
If any of you guys know where to find a 3" MAS adapter then I can tell you another CAI that would work perfectly on or 7g's. Its for a *******
:wink:

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 06:10 PM
actually injen doesn't have to make a MAS. the bolt pattern on the mitsu MAS are pretty much the same, eclipse, mirage, lancer, galant. and yea they have all the materials to do it. they just have to pop it on the list and find a car to use, which won't be a problem

95vegasgalant
09-17-2002, 12:22 AM
:twisted: They E mailed me back and said to measure the diameter of the rubber piece for the oval side and they give me a part number I dont see were they are getting at >:)

2True
09-17-2002, 12:54 AM
So wait, they want the diameter of the back of the MAS then. it's a 3.5" oval. They gave you a part number already? Or they said they will?

Did they mention anything about the MAS adapter size?

pinoyesv6
09-17-2002, 07:33 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(95vegasgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>:twisted: They E mailed me back and said to measure the diameter of the rubber piece for the oval side and they give me a part number Â*I dont see were they are getting at >:)</div>

i think he is just gonna give u replacement parts...i dunno. tell them u want injen to build u guys a full intake. meaning send a car to injen so they can measure it etc etc

krazienluv10
11-25-2002, 01:15 AM
hey everyone i was just wondering by any chance what is a CAI anyways i here everyone talking about it sorrie imm kinda new at this...

2True
11-25-2002, 09:47 PM
Cold Air Intake

It will replace your entire air box assemply (where you Air Filter is located all the way to the engine).

Usually extends from your Throttle Body to somewhere away from the heat of your engine, thus supplying Cold Air to you Intake Manifold.

If you want to build one for your car, PM me and I will help you out.

Wes

packer13
12-22-2002, 03:08 AM
95vegasgalanant
did they ever get back to you. because, i'm going to buy the CAI soon, and that intake you talked about sounds like a good deal.... :?: