PDA

View Full Version : I see smoke?

4G64T
09-14-2002, 04:37 PM
we just installed my headers and stuff and now there is alot of smoke coming form the headers i used a lot of debreaser to clean the engine and a good amount of it got on the headers and exhaust piping do you guys think that might be the problem or could it be something else?

TJC
09-14-2002, 05:11 PM
Nah, no problem. Just the degreaser and stuff burning off. Run engine with hood open for 10 to 15 min. and let all fluids burn off. If the stuff you used is flamable, you might want to stand by with a fire extinguisher just in case while you are doing this. :wink:

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 05:47 PM
like tjc said let teh car run for a while with the hood open. let any of the residues on the headers burn off. if for some reason it never stop check your connections and such. exhaust gasses look like smoke and u might have an exhaust leak.

but yea at first try to let it burn off and stay away from the fumes some of them could be toxic...

4G64T
09-19-2002, 11:56 PM
ok it was all good i went over them with a brush and some soppy water and no problems i been out smashin on people lol this is so much fun can wait for tha supercharger and the nos 1 down 2 togo