PDA

View Full Version : trim inside

galantv600
10-29-2003, 06:24 PM
aight well id run a search but it never works for me and never find the shit i wanna konw.... so im tired of it!!! i know people must know how to take the trim piece out.. i know how to take the wood shits out.. now my quesiton is can i take the airconditioning duct things and paint em? or is that not possible? if i can let me know how cuz today i kinda tried to take it out and for a moment thought i was gone break the center duct thing... HELP ME OUT BUDDIES!

GalantGuy96
10-29-2003, 06:28 PM
i just posted the same thing in the 7g forum.
just yank at it.
dont be scarred, it all comes out wiht it, and its very easy to put back together.....u will find out how simple it was once u get it out.
just dont worry about it and pull from one section at a time

punchdrunk
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
if you are talkin about the vents on either side of the dash the vents in the middle with the hazard button and the two vents on the upper part of the dash on either side then there is no trick mine just popped right out....maybe use a flat head screw driver to pry one side up so you can get behind the each piece but other then that no trick involved.

I'm sure someone will give you a detailed discription of what to do but just pull. If they break they are most likely cheap to replace

the tuffest part is getting the actually hazard switch out of the middle vent...I don't have any advice to give other then flat head screw driver and work it out of there.

snipe99
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
i just used a screw driver to pop the a/c ducts out and the regular trim pieces but the wood trim on the door i could also use some help on how to get it out

punchdrunk
10-29-2003, 06:30 PM
i just used a screw driver to pop the a/c ducts out and the regular trim pieces but the wood trim on the door i could also use some help on how to get it out

as for the woodtrim pieces on the door you will have to remove the door panel completely and unscrew the wood grain piece from the back side of the door.

galantv600
10-29-2003, 06:48 PM
damn thanks for the fast answers!!!! yeah i know bout the door n shit https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif the only think i did know!!! well thanks guys! im gonna get to work on that!!!

GalantGuy96
10-29-2003, 06:54 PM
lol, good luck

pinoyesv6
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
be careful with the screwdriver. you might damage the vinyl. what i like to do with the vents is pretty much take the dash apart and push in the lil clips thingys that old em it. if u open up the glvoebox you can just push the pins in that hold that vent in. and i think if u di the same with the fuse box cover you can push those pins.

Stewi
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM
Like pinoy said u can do damage with a screw driver. Use something less abrasive, like plastic or rubber. I used like this plastic needle type thing. I took out all the vents, center, driver side, passenger side and both defrosters. The door panels are a lil bit more difficult, you gotta take the door panel off by removing the screws from around the door frame, behind the inside handle, and in the pocket. then lift the panel up and pull it off. Let me know if u need more info. If you plan on painting your panels/vents, i advise using Krylon Fusion paint. Its specially made for plastics, you dont have to prime it or sand. Just give it about 3 coats, letting it dry in between of course, and then i used a 2 layers of clear coat on top of that.

GalantGuy96
10-29-2003, 08:01 PM
good thinking, use a needle rather than a screw driver to not ruin the vynil.
lol

Paesano
10-30-2003, 09:18 AM
I posted a question like this and even with the help for some reason I still can't get the middle vent off (the one with the hazard button in the middle)... i tried slidin out the radio and goin from underneath, but for some reason I couldn't fit my fingers in there to remove it... and when I use a screwdriver (wrapped wit cushiony stuff :wink: ) i feel like i'm gonna break it all off... I got everything off but the door wood trim... so i just masked everything down on the door and painted them right on the door, it came out fine... but i just can't get that middle piece off.... any more advice???

galantv600
10-31-2003, 04:29 PM
tried to pop em out but got too worried bout breakin cuz they were starting to bend a lil tooooo much!

GalantGuy96
11-01-2003, 07:11 PM
well i dont know about the 8gs but my 7g had two metal things sticking out of the bottom about an inch. that thing was making the trim bend a lot so i just took a screw driver and bent it back i lil bit. i just popped back into place once it came out. so if the bottom is bending to much then it is probably that, but if it is the sides or top then your probably bending it from the sides too much, try pulling it strait out, and push the two metal clips at the end in (if they are on your g).

kickenv6
11-02-2003, 05:38 PM
The one guy has a pretty good idea with the side vents, taking out the glove and the fuse cover. The center is even eaiser. Just push both vents in one direction (usually towards the top), then reach with your fingers on the inside of both vents and pull out. Don't pull too hard cause the wires for the hazard switch are kinda short. It sounds funny but when it seems like it's going to break, just give one last little tug. It pops right out.