PDA

View Full Version : performance advise

SILVERES
09-15-2002, 12:39 PM
whats up people i have a 00 esv6 currently have an injen short ram custom catback with pilot muffler i was just wondering what other upgrades i cna do im not lookin for nos yet was thinking bout wires plugs turbo chip anything like that thnx for the help pics if u can thnx o yea what is the hp gain on what i have already if anyone knows if any it came 195 stock just wondering later and thnx again

Auto-9
09-15-2002, 01:42 PM
If it came with about 195 stock I'd say probably no more than 200 hp. You could always add headers, throttle body upgrade, or my favorite, the TGC Warp Drive...

Reelax
09-15-2002, 03:10 PM
yup, get headers or downpipe, then change ur plugs and wires in preparation for future mods. also i would swap out the short ram for a cold air or get an extension if possible... ur engine is still getting hot air (although it's gettin alot more of it) and you will see double the hp gain w/ ur engine getting it's air from a colder source as compared to the short ram which sits the filter inside the engine bay.

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 06:31 PM
aftermarket brakes. uhm some are lighter than oem and most will help u stop better than oem

new wheels and tires. you can lose some weight with some racing wheels and nicer rubber will help u plant that power

a drop possibly, some suspension work

Black2k1GTZ
09-15-2002, 10:53 PM
I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

Marc :mg:

Tiller
09-15-2002, 11:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

Marc :mg:</div>

seems a bit optimistic, but i'm not sure about the gains from P&P on a Mitsu head...

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...

pinoyesv6
09-15-2002, 11:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

seems a bit optimistic, but i'm not sure about the gains from P&P on a Mitsu head...

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...</div>

a 6 pack throttle body could give u an estimated 50% more hp....

TJC
09-16-2002, 02:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tiller)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Black2k1GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I would definatly go with some headers, a throttle body and a port & polished head...That should be good good for around 50 or so ponies!!!

yeah, maybe 50 could be a reality... with the proper tuning of all those parts...</div>

a 6 pack throttle body could give u an estimated 50% more hp....</div>

and a big dent in your bank account https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Wintergalant
09-16-2002, 02:38 AM
ok im lost explain a 6 pack throttle body thanks

pinoyesv6
09-16-2002, 06:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wintergalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok im lost explain a 6 pack throttle body thanks</div>

a 6 pack is just pretty much 6 throttle bodies. a throttle body for each cylinder. and then u have some kind of fuel management system since in most cases the MAS is eliminated.

Nick VR4
09-16-2002, 07:31 AM
check botton of page

http://www.rpw.com.au/New%20Website/Genera...neral/GU211.htm ('http://www.rpw.com.au/New%20Website/GeneralUpgrade/General/GU211.htm')

and as TJC said a big dent in your back account
$2000+ Plus $1500 for Computer System :shock: :shock