PDA

View Full Version : If you have an aftermarket intake.....Please Read!!!

Tiptronic
11-01-2003, 05:58 PM
For those of you who have replaced your stock intake with an aftermarket one, did you sale the stock one or did you keep it, or just throw it away. i'm moving, and its bulky and awkward, and frankly takes up space. whats you guys take on it.

Liszt
11-01-2003, 06:18 PM
For those of you who have replaced your stock intake with an aftermarket one, did you sale the stock one or did you keep it, or just throw it away. i'm moving, and its bulky and awkward, and frankly takes up space. whats you guys take on it.

throw all that plastic shit away

GalantGuy96
11-01-2003, 07:00 PM
give it to anyone who wants it for free.

Tiptronic
11-01-2003, 08:01 PM
i figured as much. just wanted to make sure i didnt do anything prematurely, then realize i might need it for something

HeadAche
11-01-2003, 08:30 PM
I keep everything i take off my car, you never know when your going to need it just incase you break something..

GalantGuy96
11-01-2003, 08:37 PM
I keep everything i take off my car, you never know when your going to need it just incase you break something..
ya just keep it just in case, unless u can sell it for
.................................................. ..........................$..$
.................................................. ............................U
.................................................. ..........................`---'

2k2mitsu
11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
galant guy..your mods are fucking hilarious..i was just about to rip you for putting gas as a mod...but then i saw all the rest of the b.s. that shit is funny as hell!!!!

4G64T
11-01-2003, 10:33 PM
yah i kept mine i would suggest keeping yours to just in case. it would suck to have to buy another one cuz you threw yours away

Auto-9
11-02-2003, 01:12 AM
I kept my factory intake. But it's only about 30-50 bucks for a whole new one.

11-02-2003, 01:25 AM
The integra's old intake is sittin up in my attic right now...and the intake i have on right now will hopefully be joining it soon. :wink:

luxcrusr2000
11-02-2003, 12:42 PM
I kept mine.

pinoyesv6
11-02-2003, 01:46 PM
im keeping mine. dunno what cuold happen in the future. might just need it

kickenv6
11-02-2003, 05:48 PM
I still have a factory warranty on my car so to avoid any typical dealer bull, I kept it and usually throw it back on if the car has to go in for anything major.

GregRabbit
11-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Hourglass just keep the stock intake like every one else is saying but dont losse the screws you could youse them if you ever decide to get some type of ignition box of some type those screws can hold down the box or if you do throw it away and loose the screws you can just by them for .35 cents (screws)

BXNYMitsu01
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Like every other piece of garbage I have, I throw it away.

peanotation
11-03-2003, 06:40 PM
if you live in Cali, you HAVE to keep it. because every 3 years, smog inspection will do a visual inspection on your car, and i just had to my stock airbox back on for a few days to get it tested for smog and emissions. its never been so quiet!

pinoyesv6
11-03-2003, 07:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you live in Cali, you HAVE to keep it. because every 3 years, smog inspection will do a visual inspection on your car, and i just had to my stock airbox back on for a few days to get it tested for smog and emissions. its never been so quiet!</div>

but if you get a carb approved intake and have all the proper decals/paperwork, then you won't need the stock intake for that right?

GaLaNtKeV99
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you live in Cali, you HAVE to keep it. because every 3 years, smog inspection will do a visual inspection on your car, and i just had to my stock airbox back on for a few days to get it tested for smog and emissions. its never been so quiet!</div>

but if you get a carb approved intake and have all the proper decals/paperwork, then you won't need the stock intake for that right?</div>

So wat if you have an INJEN RD CAI? Wat than? :roll: :?:

mjc1055
11-03-2003, 07:50 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you live in Cali, you HAVE to keep it. because every 3 years, smog inspection will do a visual inspection on your car, and i just had to my stock airbox back on for a few days to get it tested for smog and emissions. its never been so quiet!</div>

but if you get a carb approved intake and have all the proper decals/paperwork, then you won't need the stock intake for that right?</div>

yeah, but a lot of intakes arent CARB approved, especially for the 7G since none of them were actually made for that car.

MidNightRacing
11-03-2003, 07:55 PM
I just tossed it in the corner of the garage. :wink: :thumbsup:

pinoyesv6
11-03-2003, 07:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>

So wat if you have an INJEN RD CAI? Wat than? Â*:roll: Â*:?:</div>

then you go to injen and get the appropriate paperwork. easy as that. the injen intakes are carb approved.

GaLaNtKeV99
11-03-2003, 10:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(GaLaNtKeV99)</div><div class='quotemain'>

So wat if you have an INJEN RD CAI? Wat than? Â*:roll: Â*:?:</div>

then you go to injen and get the appropriate paperwork. easy as that. the injen intakes are carb approved.</div>

I see thank you pinoy. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

peanotation
11-03-2003, 10:48 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mjc1055)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>if you live in Cali, you HAVE to keep it. because every 3 years, smog inspection will do a visual inspection on your car, and i just had to my stock airbox back on for a few days to get it tested for smog and emissions. its never been so quiet!</div>

yeah, but a lot of intakes arent CARB approved, especially for the 7G since none of them were actually made for that car.</div>

exactly. good luck getting your 7G intake approved. even if you had an 8G, i think there's only 2 intakes that are approved, and they're those $150+ ones

Alexey
11-06-2003, 04:19 PM
Just like everything else I replace, I keep just in case. The only thing I've thrown away so far are the broken amber pieces that came from the corners of my headlights https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif