PDA

View Full Version : struts/springs... the perfect match!

BlueESV6
11-04-2003, 09:13 PM
OK. I was looking to get feeback on how well members aftermarket strut spring setup lasted for them (miles & time).

I have read that even the Eibach with it's minimum drop will "blow out" stock struts fairly quickly... so how long do the aftermarket struts last then?

(I'd like to lower my car but don't feel any great urge to have to buy struts every 6 months!!)

Feedback Please? Thanx!

HeadAche
11-04-2003, 09:23 PM
Im on my second set of shockstruts, i dont blow them out i change them because i dont like how they ride.. Right now im on Intraxx SS Springs, KYB AGX's adjustable with Koni Inserts.. I already purchased the Tein EDFC, that will go in early next year...

Coldshot
11-05-2003, 08:19 PM
i put my eibachs in at about 10k miles, i have 40k miles now and my front stock struts are blown right out. i will be getting the kyb agx soon.

extremsprt86
11-05-2003, 08:21 PM
do aftermarket struts blow fast or are they made to handle lowered suspension?

seth98esT
11-05-2003, 11:03 PM
made for lowering springs. Ive been riding on my stock struts since May with my Eibach Sportlines(2" drop all around)

Aftermarket struts wont blow out too easily. IMO I dont think the Eibach Pro Kit gives a good enough drop...

Reelax
11-05-2003, 11:12 PM
really for a perfect match you need to get matched coilovers... i'm talking the real thing, springs and struts in one unit. curently the only 2 available for our cars are by TEIN (super street damper $1,200.00) and JIC MAGIC (FLT-A2 $1,900.00). the prices are steep but you get what you pay for. btw, the JIC is pretty much the most adjustable set you can buy... even the shock body length is adjustable