PDA

View Full Version : Black headlight housings for a 99

ericbla03
11-04-2003, 10:55 PM
I was wondering if the anyone makes aftermarket black headlight housings for a 99 Galant like there are on the 02 and 03 models. OR... do will the headlight housings from the new models fit a 99 without modification. Also, i was wondering if anyone has a pic of a black galant with black housings. (want to get an idea of how it will look before i buy em)

Reelax
11-04-2003, 11:46 PM
there are no US aftermarket headlight housings. the '02+ and '99-'01 housings are interchangeable.

The 99 Galant
11-05-2003, 04:28 AM
hey ericbla i got the same tihng as you. I'm going to keep my headlights that way and if i could i'd get those all chrome finish headlights for my front. I'm getting CF rear Altezzas soon though. Try removing the center grille and getting a black one or getting a custom one done for you like mine thats balck with balck mesh. The Chrome headlights would look great with that.

ericbla03
11-05-2003, 11:23 AM
yea, that was the first thing i did to my car the week that i bought it. I took off the chrome grill and painted it black to match the car. I used a lot of clearcoat, it looks like the factory one. It makes the front end look 10 times better. I was just wondering how it would look with the black housings too.

The 99 Galant
11-05-2003, 08:31 PM
probably but its JDM and hard to find. I was looking into trying to fit BMW lights from a M3 on the 99. Or the Skyline ones. i know it'll take some mods but ok. You should take your grill and cut out the middle sections of it and then get it painted and then put mesh in the gap. Looks like Skyline or Rally Evo.

Reelax
11-07-2003, 06:39 AM
sorry my answer wasn't clear... the '02+ housing are black (reflectors behind the bulbs are still chrome of course). you can just swap out the '99-'01 w/ the '02+ for the all black look to match your grill. the JDM's are a whole nother deal... they will not fit w/o cutting metal on your car and getting a JDM grill or bodykit bumper that omits the grill.

ericbla03
11-09-2003, 10:32 PM
im with you on the bmw thing too. I have forever been trying to find a bmw front end or tail light conversion for my 99 G. Ive been thinking about how i could possibly modify the JDM tails or something. i dont know. anybody else know anything about this