PDA

View Full Version : extremely high idle/ body kit installation

rollinhard
11-06-2003, 12:31 AM
the idle on my 95 is driving me crazy. it just started having a idle at around 2 grand. what in the world do i have to do to get this little problem fixed. it did not start until i put some fuel filter cleaner in. and it has not been the same since.
i just opened the box form my kit. it look good in the box but how in the world are you supposed to put this thing together. like the rear bumper right. there are no mounting bracket or anything for it. what did you guys use to mount your kits.

QnzMostWanted
11-06-2003, 07:56 AM
u gotta take ur oem stuff off ur bumpers to mount the kit

brandon
11-06-2003, 01:59 PM
You kinda have to get creative with the mounting.

I only have two bolts holding up my back bumper. You just slide it in to the existing slots and then bolt it near the wheel wells. So long as it's nice and snug in there you'll be fine.

The front bumper reinforcements have to be removed to install the front bumper. 2 bolts in the middle, then line up the corners and then bolt at the wheel well.

Sides I can't explain really, but it's just getting creative/using common sense.

redboy
11-07-2003, 05:28 PM
ya i did the same as u but on the back i put three more right where the trunk closes to give it more strength....yeah the front u have to take that thick ass fiberglass peice off before u put it on. BE WARNED because that is for your safety.....if u get into a wreck and ins. people dont see that u have that, it could be possible that they dont pay u for anything for your car. alot of people file down as much as possible to make it work. OH why dont u just buy a NEW fuel filter, i dont ever worry about cleaning it, just buy a new one!!!