PDA

View Full Version : Tires

traxem
11-07-2003, 11:03 AM
I have about 47k miles on my car. I just replaced the tires because I have no traction when it rains (kind of scary when you're on the freeway). Is this about right?

I got some michelin tires, what do you guys think?

pinoyesv6
11-07-2003, 11:17 AM
i have some michelin tires too. i have the Pilot XGT H4. i really like them they perform really well and the price isn't too bad. i think i paid 120 for everything. the tires, mounting, balancing, road hazzard warranty etc etc. the only thing i don't like about them is teh tread wear. its horrible. i got about 10k on them already and it looks like i'll be replacing them in about another 15k. im pretty satisfied with them.

what kind of michelins did u get? i know soem are better than others...

traxem
11-07-2003, 12:44 PM
When did you replace your original Good Year LS though?

I paid about $80 per tire.

marktheblake
11-08-2003, 02:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traxem)</div><div class='quotemain'>I have about 47k miles on my car. Â*I just replaced the tires because I have no traction when it rains (kind of scary when you're on the freeway). Â*Is this about right?
</div>

whats really scary is when it hasnt rained for a year and then it does and you hit a roundabout with bald tyres doing 40-50kmh.

at least by the time i stopped spinning on a dime i was facing in the original direction i was intending on going.

pinoyesv6
11-09-2003, 04:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(traxem)</div><div class='quotemain'>When did you replace your original Good Year LS though?

I paid about $80 per tire.</div>

i got rid of my stock tires at about 32k. i know they woulda lasted longer if i didn't put a hole in the sidewall the size of my fist.