heah gizmo an i get the tutorial to?

Tiller
08-17-2002, 10:15 PM
share the wealth mang....

ChromeGalant
08-18-2002, 12:28 AM
Yes Please..

Hit me with it too...

then I can use the fog light switch for something else.. (like neons )

Gizmo
08-18-2002, 11:11 AM
well I'm not much of a tutorial writer but here it goes...........

Well what I basically did was connect the fogs to my parking lights. Since I already had done Reelax's brigth rewire I knew which wires were which. I just cut the 2 wires from the fogs and connected them (+ and -) to the + and - of the parking lights. The fog wires run up right to the parking lights so its right there. Everything is wrapped up in black tape but once yuo cut the tape you can see all the wires. If you don't know what wires are the parking wires they are the top one of the turn signal harness. There are 3 wires on the harness the top one is the parking light wire.

Just make sure yuo connect them to the parking light wire and not the turn signal wire. Come to think of it that might be coll having turn signal fogs.......hmm.

Any questions hit me up.

Good luck!

Fishboy55
08-18-2002, 11:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ChromeGalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Yes Please..

Hit me with it too...

then I can use the fog light switch for something else.. (like neons )</div>
Nah Chrome, you can't use the fog light switch for neons. It's not a real switch. It just sends a pulse to the foglight relay to activate it. Thats why the fogs go out when you turn off your lights. If it was a real switch, they'd still be turned on the next time you turned your lights on.

Hey Gizmo, good job. Do you still get the dash indicator that your fogs are on when you switch on the parking lights?

Chip

Gizmo
08-18-2002, 05:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>

Hey Gizmo, good job. Do you still get the dash indicator that your fogs are on when you switch on the parking lights?

Chip</div>

No, the switch is defunct now. When I turn the parking lights on the fogs just turn on since I bypassed all the wires that went to the switch, or wherever they went. I think eventually I'll get a switch for the fogs but for right now I'll do with the way it is.

mrjaydeeone
08-18-2002, 06:00 PM
good job Giz