PDA

View Full Version : most economical 3 inch drop options?

maroonmonster7G
11-09-2003, 10:48 AM
When it coms to suspension i really dont know much......i just ordered some 17's and i would like to drop my 7g at least 2.5-3.0 inches....i know for the best ride i';m gonna need lowering springs and struts........what are the cheapest, QUALITY struts and springs that can give me that kinda drop?.....i'm looking for a balance between economy and quality...Basicaly i need suggestions on how to do the drop the right way with the least amount of money...thanx in advance guys!!.....is it possible to do with 400 dollars or less?

Wolfman
11-09-2003, 12:14 PM
With springs the most you'll find is 2.5 to 2.8 inches. There are a number of good brands of springs out there if you want to be in that kinda range. Sprint, Ground Control, Progress, Eibach Sportline. Now if want to hit the 3 inch range then coilovers are nesessary. Ground control again makes an excellent coilover system, as does Skunk2. Now if want a 3 inch drop its gonna cost a little more cause you most certainly need struts as you've indicated. KYB AGX is quite a good brand. those are $335 at club3g.com http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthr...threadid=119495 ('http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=119495') heres the link. All you need to do is join and then you can get em. Eclipse uses the same as our cars. Koni Inserts I heard are excellent although I have never seen them advertised anywhere so I don't know prices. KYB GR2 is also an option but they don't have damper control like the AGX's they are available at dnaracing.net Talk to Jason(Prophet) he might be able to give a discount for you because you are a galant member. AGain if you find a cheaper brand know this....you get what you pay for. Estimating the cost of good coilovers and some good struts I'd say it'll run you about 650-800 bucks for a nice setup on that. I think thats pretty reasonable. If you have any more questions I'd be glad to help you as best I can or atleast refer you to someone who knows.

maroonmonster7G
11-09-2003, 03:01 PM
thanx a lot wolfman i learned a lot....i think i'm gonna go with coil overs.........i'm thinkin to save money i mightgo with cheaper coilovers(ie dropzone then spring for those struts for $335 (agx's) so it would look like 500 for everything.........i hear mixed things about drop zone but i might give em a try and upgrade later to progressive or somthin....hows that sound?

Wolfman
11-09-2003, 03:26 PM
I'm not a fan of dropzone but hey if you wanna give it a try go ahead. I'm sure there are some good things about it. If you find them not very good you could always return them or something.