PDA

View Full Version : vents n others

galantv600
11-09-2003, 08:52 PM
aight i tried to run a search but i didnt get my answer...

i did my trim pieces n all n they look itght but i tired to make the thing around the door handle inside the car... the piece u take out around the handle and primed that and it got fucked... so i tried to sand it down a lil bit and primed that and it still didnt hold good... so how do u guys end up painting those? and the vents cuz i wanna paint all that too.... hook me up wit a answer ASAP please!! thanks ugys

pinoyesv6
11-09-2003, 08:55 PM
did u make srue to clean the surface of the piece before you painted it??

Elwenil
11-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Yeah, you have to clean anything you are going to paint, real good, especially plastics which have so many adhesion issues anyway. You can buy many products to do this with from companies like 3M, but they are expensive. Beware of whatever the guy at the local hardware store will sell you. Things like acetone and mineral spirits will probably melt the plastic. I use regular old rubbing alcohol. It cleans real well with light rubbing and it evaporates quick and doesn't leave a residue. Works good IMO. :wink:

Stewi
11-10-2003, 10:47 PM
I took my vents off and wiped them down with denatured alcohol to clean them. Then I sprayed them with 2 coats of Krylon Fusion plastic paint and a coat of krylon clear.