PDA

View Full Version : Installing Cd player in the second slot?

Cescel17
11-10-2003, 04:08 PM
My Cd player is currently installed in the first slot where the factory cd player was. But since i have an Alpine 9815 the face tilts, and i want to be able to see it when it is in the tilt position. So I was wondering if i can install the cd player in the second slot where the AC controls are.

escoson
11-10-2003, 04:09 PM
yes you can, jut need the proper mounting hardware wich i most likely the harness you have intalled now.

VIO
11-10-2003, 05:33 PM
are you sure you can install it where the ac controls are? i know you can install in the very bottom slot. the ac controls work on a mechanical rod based system, not digital so i can't see who you could move them and still keep them functional. i'm not saying it can't be done, i just can't figure out how it can be done.

Elwenil
11-10-2003, 05:39 PM
I think mine are on cables. I had mine loose trying to get the serial # off my radio, and if you drop the A/C controls down, it's easier. I don't know if putting the A/C controls down there will bind up the cables or not. Only thing to do is try it out. If it works, then make up your mounts for the A/C controls on the bottom, and I think you'll need to trim the middle slot a bit to get a DIN sized radio in there.

pinoyesv6
11-10-2003, 08:06 PM
the AC controls can be moved to the bottom slot. a few members here have done that to fit things like tv's and equilizers in the upper slots.

keep in mind though that on the trim bezel that the opening for the ac controls is different from the ones for the radio and the bottom slots.

MN8Galant
11-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Yeah... I have my ac in the bottom slot... stereo in the second and dvd in the top... my ac works just fine

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
11-17-2003, 03:17 PM
hey is it true that if you hook up your stereo anywhere else beside where its supposed to be that insurance wont cover it if it gets stolen ..... or is that just depend on ur ins company ?