PDA

View Full Version : Throttle Body Cable Mod?

DrAmACiDaL4G64
11-10-2003, 10:49 PM
I recently went over the tutorial for tightening the throttle body cable to increase lower end acceleration and I tightened the bracket all the way to test it out... well after i did this i started it up and drove it... yeah it was quikkkkkk :shock: but the engine was over-idling at 3000rpms is this normal for this mod and if so how safe is this to run day-to-day driving... I was a lil scared of this and loosened it back down... I'd like to here some feedback from some members who've done this... get at me

Stewi
11-10-2003, 11:10 PM
Hmmm.....yeah you dont want it Idling that high, maybe if your gonna race or something for a lil while you can get away with it but I wouldnt idle is much over 1,000. Someone correct me if im wrong.

bam462
11-10-2003, 11:11 PM
if your at 3k in idal then you gotta give the cable sum slack, b4 you did the mod it should of only needed to be pulled enough to remove slack, dont run your car at 3000 idal it should be between 750 to 850

Khopari
11-10-2003, 11:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DrAmACiDaL4G64)</div><div class='quotemain'> I tightened the bracket all the way to test it out... well after i did this i started it up and drove it... yeah it was quikkkkkk :shock: Â*</div>

yea i did that too.. i was like sobb. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

pinoyesv6
11-10-2003, 11:37 PM
you don't need to make the cable that tight. the cable should be tight enough that there isn't any slack in it. the service manual says about a 1mm in slack. but loose enough so that the idle speed of your car doesn't change.

but yea tightening it up all the way doesn't really do anything but makes tings more dangerous. pulling the cable that tight is like pushing the gas pedal partially down all the time. the throttle body has a limit to how far it opens so its not like you're making it open more by tightening it that far.

DrAmACiDaL4G64
11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Alright guys.... Thanks a lot for the quick feedback. I knew somethin was wrong with that. You shoulda felt how fast it was though. it was nuts... i'll keep it at 850(idle)