PDA

View Full Version : swapping, more then the head question

bam462
11-11-2003, 12:09 AM
ok ive got a hook up at mitsu and can get shit for cost so ive read alot about dohc head swaps from a 4g63 or a evo 8 4g63 am i correct that they only need flipped 180 degrees to work like in the thread good news for the i4 people if so what are the benifits, also are the pistons and rods really the same length in a 4g63 and a 4g64, if so are 4g63 rods and pistons better the mine not worried bout money but info on instalation cost would be apritiated.

akiraflux
11-11-2003, 08:30 AM
http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22213 ('http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22213')

bam462
11-11-2003, 08:53 AM
um try again read what i wrote next time :roll:

akiraflux
11-11-2003, 01:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>am i correct that they only need flipped 180 degrees to work like in the thread good news for the i4 people if so what are the benifits</div>

you asked benefits. i linked to thread saying it's not worth the trouble as there's next to no benefit.

roll your eyes at someone else

TWISTED II
11-11-2003, 02:28 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(akiraflux)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(bam462)</div><div class='quotemain'>am i correct that they only need flipped 180 degrees to work like in the thread good news for the i4 people if so what are the benifits</div>

you asked benefits. i linked to thread saying it's not worth the trouble as there's next to no benefit.

roll your eyes at someone else</div>

geeze, yeah, no kidding. i guess he just wanted part information so he can waste his money then find out its not worth it after he did the swap.

bam462
11-11-2003, 03:21 PM
i wasnt interrested in any hp gains from doin this, but i read in a thread here that a i4 can get to 500 hp but you gotta do a evo 8 head swap and ceramic coat the pistons, and alot of other shit . now if i wanna build a motor from the ground up and still be able to drive my fuckin car at the same time, can get a evo head to do it with, will the evo 4g63 head fit in my car? oh and by the way i already know our trannys turn to shit around 250 hp

8ggalant
11-11-2003, 03:34 PM
yes it will (theoretically)...but it has been done on earlier model 7 bolt 4g64 blocks (7gs and early eclipse spyders)...so it will work...therrs yer answer https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

bam462
11-11-2003, 07:53 PM
ty

Stewi
11-11-2003, 08:51 PM
Hey Bam I plan on doing the EVO headswap before spting time comes around. If you have any questions about it just let me know. And to answer some of your questions from earlier posts, the EVO pistonsw ont work because the bore is smaller than ours and the Rods are the same lenght but im almost positive they would have to be machined to fit on our crank properly. and yes you can get ALOT of power out of the motor with the DOHC swap. Your hook up at mitsu isnt gonna get u much as far as EVO parts go, i too have a "HOOK UP" mitsu only sells bare heads and short blocks. The wholesale cost of a head is around $1300 and its bare, no cams, valve, retainers, NOTHING. Your best bet is to look online for a wrecked EVO (they are out there) and head from an EVOIV to EVOVIII will work as they are all transverse DOHC heads. As far whoever said that the DOHC swap wont make any power I believe your a incorrect. With the swap itself you should gain around 15-20 HP and the head is much stronger than the stock 64' SOHC head. I've talked to DSM tuners and they say that head wont take much more than 375 HP. Now to alot of people this is OK, but for those of us who wanna go all out and build a beast, we need a better platform to work with. Also when you go DOHC you don't need to play the guessing game when it comes to parts, for example, you can just use staged EVO camshafts, rather than re-grinding our cam or going with the RPW cam (no offense to RPW, those guys Rock) but you just have an overall higher potential for power.

bam462
11-11-2003, 09:59 PM
ty again

still rollin them :roll: lmfao

MitsuRacer
12-03-2003, 08:17 AM
Sorry our knowledge isn't good enough for you sport. May I suggest you try another website where we aren't so dumb. Good Luck finding one. :?

bam462
12-06-2003, 07:37 PM
lets get some shit straight
1. you seem to read kinda like the first 2 members who responded :roll:
2. ty meens THANKYOU not a mis spelled try :idea:
3. i got my answer from the members of this site
4. in the future read befor you make an ass outa yourself again :idea:

josh_877
12-06-2003, 07:50 PM
lets get some shit straight
1. you seem to read kinda like the first 2 members who responded :roll:
2. ty meens THANKYOU not a mis spelled try :idea: