PDA

View Full Version : a few things i noticed

2000GTZ
11-11-2003, 01:07 PM
Firstly, lately I've noticed that my car lunges forward more than it used to at idle in "D". And no, it's not going downhill. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

Also, I've noticed that after my last brake pad change, the car doesn't brake as smooth as it used to. also, the pedal is alot stiffer, and it never completely stops the car until i slam the brake down as far as i can, otherwise it'll keep creeping forward. (could this have to do with the lunging forward one?)

also, yesterday when i started the car, it made a weird noise. kinda like... throttle was applied right when it started..

my car idles at 800-900... could the throttle cable tightened by itself?
(car has 35k miles)

Gilhuly
11-12-2003, 01:10 PM
Throttle cables don't tighten themselves, but if you were already right there as far as being right up to the edge, perhaps cooler weather could explain as the cable with contract ever so slightly, but I've never heard of that.Loosen the cable and see how she idles - your definitely a little higher than you should be.

peanotation
11-12-2003, 01:28 PM
do you 8Gers have throttle by wire, or electrical? always wondered that, thx

b-boy_sky
11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
wire...

CT_GalantV6
11-12-2003, 06:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2000GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Firstly, lately I've noticed that my car lunges forward more than it used to at idle in "D". And no, it's not going downhill. Â*:) Â*

Also, I've noticed that after my last brake pad change, the car doesn't brake as smooth as it used to. also, the pedal is alot stiffer, and it never completely stops the car until i slam the brake down as far as i can, otherwise it'll keep creeping forward. (could this have to do with the lunging forward one?)

also, yesterday when i started the car, it made a weird noise. kinda like... throttle was applied right when it started..

my car idles at 800-900... could the throttle cable tightened by itself?
(car has 35k miles)</div>

For the lunging, your TB may be dirty or maybe a vacume leak. With the hood open, do you hear any hissing? Clean your TB.

For the braking, A stiff pedal is a good thing, you don't want a soft pedal. A stiff pedal should indicate there is no air in the brake line, and thats good. If you ddint have the rotors turned, the pad will need to wear into the unturned rotor, which may help with the brakes feeling smooth. As for the stopping issue, did you buy the $15 pads or did you buy the $60 pads. I tried the cheapy pads once and I had the exact problem your having. I think the cheap pads just heatup too much, too much heat= no stop good. Make sure your putting good parts on your car. Possibly your brake line need a bleeding.

Check your throttle cable.

2000GTZ
11-13-2003, 08:57 PM
thanks guys. i checked out the throttle cable, and it was in the middle, so i pushed it back as far as i could the lesser way, now it idles much better and drives a lot "safer" to me. i feel like the car is being controlled by me instead of the car controlling me. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

CT_GalantV6
11-14-2003, 03:57 PM
Nothing like being in control!

How are your brakes?????????

2000GTZ
11-16-2003, 02:23 PM
brakes are still scary as stock... feels tight. i guess thats good? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif