PDA

View Full Version : Track Testing Results

Auto-9
09-16-2002, 01:13 PM
Righties I went out and tested my car in its current state of modifications and here are the results I got. My car is a 2001 ES V6 premium package with aftermarket parts consisting of AMSS downpipe, custom bent 2.5 inch exhaust, Pro-Kit springs from Eibach, Freedom Design strut bar.

Testing conditions
84 degrees F, 83% humidity, wet track, full tank, 38/32 psi front/rear,
7 mph head wind

Slalom 56.7 mph, skidpad 0.79

Best 0-60 time 7.1 seconds, worst 8.1 seconds

Quarter Mile best 15.56 seconds, worst 16.1 seconds

Top speed as confirmed by radar 128 mph at 5800 rpm (fuel cut so for me, the top speed number holds true)

Updated! Braking distance: 136 feet from 60 to 0.

stephen7983
09-16-2002, 05:45 PM
Wow...Not bad.. .that's pretty good.. btw what's an AMSS downpipe? and how much does it cost and where can I get one? Also, do you have a full custom exhaust? What kind is it? Thanks ....

Auto-9
09-16-2002, 06:03 PM
It's a downpipe that replaces the factory one. I have a Cali spec vehicle so it got rid of my 2 pre-cats. I paid 310 for mine at http://www.aftermarketsuperstore.com ('http://www.aftermarketsuperstore.com') I do have a full custom exhaust, but it's not yet mandrel bent, I'm going to get that done soon.

VegasMatt
09-16-2002, 11:39 PM
Respectable. I believe you have the V6?

Imagine when we get the headers and I get my nitrous bottle filled...

Matt

Auto-9
09-17-2002, 08:36 AM
Hoping it'll be a blast then https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

2001KnightRider
09-17-2002, 10:13 PM
there are 2 kinds of downpipes on the amss website, the gen 1 and gen 2, what's the difference, one of them comes with a cat, one doesn't, does that mean one of them just replaces all 3 cats and one replaces just 2 of them to still make your car legal

TJC
09-17-2002, 10:48 PM
Congratulations Rallifan. That's pretty respectable despite to the disappointing dynos. Are you still running stock wheels and Badyears?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2001KnightRider)</div><div class='quotemain'>there are 2 kinds of downpipes on the amss website, the gen 1 and gen 2, what's the difference, one of them comes with a cat, one doesn't, does that mean one of them just replaces all 3 cats and one replaces just 2 of them to still make your car legal</div>

The difference between gen 1 & 2 is NOT the cat. It's just the picture doesn't reflect that. The HFC by Magnaflow I believe is available on both. The difference is on the Gen 2, there is an added flex pipe before the "Y" join on the front pipe between the front and rear bank pipes.

Auto-9
09-17-2002, 11:13 PM
Yes I'm running stock heavies and the RS-As...my hypothesis is that since my low end is much higher than a stock V6 (I'm pretty much on par with a manual V6 Eclipse dyno...maybe a tad lower since I'm auto) it helps get me off the line, and once I'm going my remaining power band being still no worse than stock carries me through to the end. I'm hoping the headers will do their job and do better than my current setup.

2001KnightRider
09-18-2002, 05:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>The difference between gen 1 & 2 is NOT the cat. It's just the picture doesn't reflect that. The HFC by Magnaflow I believe is available on both. The difference is on the Gen 2, there is an added flex pipe before the "Y" join on the front pipe between the front and rear bank pipes.</div>

so what's the advantage of having that flex pipe? does it equal out to more power? easier installation? or is there even any difference besides price

Auto-9
09-18-2002, 07:03 PM
It's extra insurance...when the V6 engine torques it'll have a bit more give than no flex pipe at all. That's why the factory also has 2 flex pipes.