PDA

View Full Version : N-E-1 know how i could make a fake purge valve?

mitsubeatu
11-12-2003, 11:29 PM
Don't want nitrous but i like the plume cloud from the purge valve. How could i make one w/o nos?

Stewi
11-12-2003, 11:34 PM
Thats kinda ghetto and pointless, but to each his own. Get a nitrous purge valve kit and instead of nitrous run it to a Co2 bottle and mount the discharge where ever you want it. push the button and psshhhhhh there is your cloud. but think about it first man, cuz people will call your bluff and make fun of you, again, to each his own.

seth98esT
11-12-2003, 11:34 PM
C02 cartridges hooked up to some sort of remote valve 8)

Cali
11-13-2003, 12:47 AM
your joking right? http://www.eclipseforums.org/forum/images/smilies/pow.gif

ChromeGalant
11-13-2003, 07:14 AM
:roll: :?

verywhite01
11-13-2003, 07:39 AM
You gotta but the nitrous kit anyways might as well hook it up and hten just put the purge stuff in, not only will it be cool your car will be faster.

Lazarus
11-13-2003, 04:03 PM
:orangeno: :nono: :TGC: :nono: :orangeno:

MidNightRacing
11-13-2003, 04:20 PM
Is that the stupid shit they had on the skyline in 2f2f? I dont like it if it is looks retarted :retard: even if u do got nitros jus my 2 cents

CT_GalantV6
11-13-2003, 04:56 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lazarus)</div><div class='quotemain'>:orangeno: Â*:nono: Â*:TGC: Â*:nono: Â*:orangeno:</div>

LOL ROFL LMAO

Elwenil
11-13-2003, 04:58 PM
While purge valves are useful on a full drag car, they are next to useless on the (normally) small NOS systems that can be put on a stock or mildly over stock G. As was stated above, someone will eventually call you out on it, and then you will lose whatever "respect" that you gained and then some. As far as the Skyline on 2F2F, that is next to useless also. I don't care how many bottles you have in your car, NO2 is expensive, and purging for kicks is like throwing money out the window, and will get you the same effect: "That guy's fukin nuts." Also the idea of routing your purge outlets to the far corners of the car is plain dumb. The whole point in a purge valve is to get rid of any AIR in the lines, not freeze someone's ankles. Plus the longer the purge lines, the more NO2 you waste to get the fog show. Real racecars have the purge outlets through the hood, as close to the intake as possible to keep from wasting NO2. And as usual, this is just my .02 Or in this case, my N02, lol... :wink:

11-13-2003, 05:33 PM
ridiculous. NITROUS (not NAAAWWZZ) is meant to be used by experienced tuners who know what they're doing, not to try and show other people how cool you are with a purge plume. What's the point? You pull up next to someone and purge, and they smoke you. They say I thought you were sprayin? You say...Oh um no i um don't really... They laugh and drive away.

Cliff notes: Don't be ridiculous, either learn something and get a real kit, or look somewhere else.

Lazarus
11-13-2003, 05:49 PM
There is a way you an do it. But You might as install the Nitrous system. just install a nitrous system and just use the purge . That's basically what you have to do. I've seen a couple people do it. I think their maybe a kit on ebay you'll have to check. But still it's not the best move man really. I'd rather drive an integra than have that......lol

leicoolya
11-13-2003, 09:03 PM
yea this is like buying that speaker box that goes in the engine bay that sounds like a BOV
People please lets not be this Retarded :roll:

xpldy
11-13-2003, 09:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ScootinIntegra)</div><div class='quotemain'>Cliff notes: Don't be ridiculous, either learn something and get a real kit, or look somewhere else.</div>

sweet...scootin cliff notes i was gettin tired of reading all the posts https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

4G64T
11-14-2003, 11:39 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Elwenil)</div><div class='quotemain'>While purge valves are useful on a full drag car, they are next to useless on the (normally) small NOS systems that can be put on a stock or mildly over stock G. Â* Also the idea of routing your purge outlets to the far corners of the car is plain dumb. Â*The whole point in a purge valve is to get rid of any AIR in the lines, not freeze someone's ankles. Â*Plus the longer the purge lines, the more NO2 you waste to get the fog show. </div>

lol first off a purge kit is good for any car with nitrous it removes all air an nitrous from the lines so you dont get the dreaded backfire effect when you start your car. And why is routing the line to the far corners of your car dumb? you gotta get rid of it somewhere why not let people know you have it... and the length of the line dont have anything to do with the amount of nitrous being wasted its the size of the solinoind your using and how long you hold the button down.

if your gonna make fun of something to sound cool you might wanna know what your talking about first :dumbass:

Elwenil
11-15-2003, 12:07 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>lol first off a purge kit is good for any car with nitrous it removes all air an nitrous from the lines so you dont get the dreaded backfire effect when you start your car. And why is routing the line to the far corners of your car dumb? you gotta get rid of it somewhere why not let people know you have it... and the length of the line dont have anything to do with the amount of nitrous being wasted its the size of the solinoind your using and how long you hold the button down.

if your gonna make fun of something to sound cool you might wanna know what your talking about first :dumbass:</div>

I'm not making fun of anything to sound cool, because at my age, you could really give a shit less about what is "cool". I speak from personal experience and from talking with others with nitrous. Granted, they were all on V8 muscle cars and a few trucks, but the principle is the same. We ran a 175 HP shot plate system on our 383 big block duster for a long time without a purge valve and never had any problems. When I asked a fellow racer who ran a fogger system, he said not to waste our money on one, as it wasn't needed with the small systems. Summit's tech line told another friend running a similar system the same thing. So no, based on my experience, I wasn't aware that a purge valve is manditory, nor do I believe it is. And as far as the length of the line, for the purposes of purging for show (which is what this thread is about) it's even a bigger waste to run your lines to the ends of the earth. It may not be much, but it stands to reason that it will take more gas to force the air out of the long assed purge line before you see any fog. You can't argue with physics. It's not like the gas teleports from the valve to the other end of the line magically. And if you are "letting people know you have it", they can see it just fine when it sprays out from the cowl or some closer place to the valve. And I think the little dunce smiley is more than uncalled for, it's insulting. With an IQ of 167, I am neither dumb, nor foolish, and with 13 years experience building all kinds of automobiles, I have a great deal of knowledge of "what I'm talking about". I may be mistaken, but I am never wrong...

4G64T
11-15-2003, 12:25 AM
my bad i meant no harm with the smiley if i was gonna call somebody a name i would have outright said it so i just wanted to clear that up

Elwenil
11-15-2003, 12:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>my bad i meant no harm with the smiley if i was gonna call somebody a name i would have outright said it so i just wanted to clear that up</div>

It's ok. I was pissed about something else when I posted that, so I probably wouldn't have taken it that bad normally. Anyway, it's all good. :wink:

pinoyesv6
11-15-2003, 01:45 AM
try purging something you have. purge the air out of your winshield washer lines lol. you can be big pimpin with the fountain in your hood lol

4G64T
11-15-2003, 05:12 PM
hahaha i seen people route there washer line to there tires and fill the resivore (sp) with bleach it produces some pretty tyte burnout sessions

11-16-2003, 02:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahaha i seen people route there washer line to there tires and fill the resivore (sp) with bleach it produces some pretty tyte burnout sessions</div>
i'm trying to decide which is funnier/worse/ricier. This, or making a fake purge valve.

Elwenil
11-16-2003, 02:47 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(4G64T)</div><div class='quotemain'>hahaha i seen people route there washer line to there tires and fill the resivore (sp) with bleach it produces some pretty tyte burnout sessions</div>

I'm not exaclty sure, but I think that idea originated in Car Craft with a letter or something about using the washer system to spray traction compound on the tires. At least that is where I first heard of doing something like that. I know a guy who said he did it, though I never saw it. He said it didn't help much, and it ate his Hoosiers all to hell. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

mitsubeatu
11-18-2003, 02:37 PM
i thought this forum was to help other galant owners with customizing their galants not sit around a dog the next person for their idea or personal tastes. I asked u assholes because I felt that who better to ask about doing something to my galant than fellow galant owning brothers. If I would have known you guys were going to be dickheads about it and down me and call me retarded I would have asked a fucking honda owner.

P.S. KMA

Reelax
11-18-2003, 02:52 PM
i thought this forum was to help other galant owners with customizing their galants not sit around a dog the next person for their idea or personal tastes. I asked u assholes because I felt that who better to ask about doing something to my galant than fellow galant owning brothers. If I would have known you guys were going to be dickheads about it and down me and call me retarded I would have asked a fucking honda owner.

P.S. KMA

i realize people were harsh on this, but really why go through the trouble of faking it when doing it for real would mean 2 more steps in the install at most? my question to you is why?

mitsubeatu
11-18-2003, 02:56 PM
dont want no stinking nitrous, just happen to like the look of the plume cloud, will only use it at shows unlike other dumbasses thought i would just roll around doing it all the time.

Lazarus
11-18-2003, 08:45 PM
you know what you go ask teh honda owners. They will call you a homo just like we did. it's Gay whether its just for show use or not. You go to a show any show and purge your stupid little plum cloud and then tell them you don't have it hooked up. They are gonna just laugh. IN fact I hope they laugh you right out of the fuckin show. THat's just Gay and your gay for trying it.

Fishboy55
11-19-2003, 05:59 AM
How did sexual orientation come into play here? Granted I think the idea is not very practical, and based on my show experience, you'll gain no show points and a lot of people laughing at you. But come on Laz, that doesn't make the guy gay, just not very knowledgeable about what works on car mods. :roll:

11-19-2003, 11:05 AM

P.S. KMA
psst...I'm a honda owner. You already asked me. And that idea is still retarded.

mitsubeatu
11-19-2003, 04:04 PM
Fuck all you hatin ass bitches, a muthafucker is gonna do what the fuck they wanna do to their car regardless of what you simple minded bitches say. Now put that in ya blunt and smoke it.

escoson
11-19-2003, 04:11 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubeatu)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fuck all you hatin ass bitches, a muthafucker is gonna do what the fuck they wanna do to their car regardless of what you simple minded bitches say. Â*Now put that in ya blunt and smoke it.</div>

nobody was hating they were just telling you the truth. you can do whatever you want to your car because it is your car. but that doesnt mean that everyone else has to like what your doing nor dislike what your doing.

so theres no need to get all "gangsta" on us with your ghetto street trash slang that you speak, "aite patnah?"

roflmfao :twisted:

11-19-2003, 04:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubeatu)</div><div class='quotemain'>Fuck all you hatin ass bitches, a muthafucker is gonna do what the fuck they wanna do to their car regardless of what you simple minded bitches say. Â*Now put that in ya blunt and smoke it.</div>
fo shizzle ma dizzle nizzle. Fuk all ya'll hataz...ya cain't held me bak, no fuggin waaay, G. :roll:

Shut up, accept the fact that you are a ricer, and get over it. Until you realize that faking shit on your car, i.e. fake purge valves, turbo sound simulators, bov tailpipe inserts, etc. makes you a retarded ricer, there is no hope for you. Don't get uppity because we called you on it. Go hang out with some of your ricer friends, I'm sure they'll accept you for who you are. If you continue to rice this board up, we're gonna continue to make fun of you for being a stupid poser. Now shut up with your gangster BS, wipe the spooge out of your eyes, and look at what you're doing. Then decide if that's such a good idea.

mitsubeatu
11-19-2003, 04:42 PM
to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions. to the rest of you who get on here and down people for their idea and being different from the crowd fuck you, it called being an individual, we are all different with our likes and dislikes. black, white, asian, hispanic we are all different. the shit we are able to do to our cars would not have been concieved if it weren't for people wanting to be different. so all this downing the next man for not wanting to do or wanting to do thing to his or her car needs to stop.

11-19-2003, 04:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubeatu)</div><div class='quotemain'>to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions. to the rest of you who get on here and down people for their idea and being different from the crowd fuck you, it called being an individual, we are all different with our likes and dislikes. black, white, asian, hispanic we are all different. the shit we are able to do to our cars would not have been concieved if it weren't for people wanting to be different. so all this downing the next man for not wanting to do or wanting to do thing to his or her car needs to stop.</div>
nobody said you couldn't be an individual. We said that, by our and many, many others' definition of rice, a fake purge valve was rice as shit. Don't get so hurt because a few people pointed you in the right direction. I believe it was you who started the gangsta hatin talk with one of those last posts. You have a PM.

GalantGuy96
11-19-2003, 05:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubeatu)</div><div class='quotemain'>to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions. to the rest of you who get on here and down people for their idea and being different from the crowd fuck you, it called being an individual, we are all different with our likes and dislikes. black, white, asian, hispanic we are all different. the shit we are able to do to our cars would not have been concieved if it weren't for people wanting to be different. so all this downing the next man for not wanting to do or wanting to do thing to his or her car needs to stop.</div>
you are gay.
and why the fuck are you bringing nationality into this? nobody said u r gay becuase u r white or anything, we said your gay because ur a ricer.

u just got JEWED......

mitsubeatu
11-19-2003, 06:06 PM
ok see i tried to be cool about the shit and tell you guys i appreciate your opinions and you come back and say that shit fuck you galantgay69

GalantGuy96
11-19-2003, 06:54 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mitsubeatu)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok see i tried to be cool about the shit and tell you guys i appreciate your opinions and you come back and say that shit fuck you galantgay69</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>to the rest of you who get on here and down people for their idea and being different from the crowd fuck you</div>
oh ya, your realll cool :roll:

mitsubeatu
11-19-2003, 11:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions.</div>
read it all b4 u post

tim888tim
11-20-2003, 12:04 AM
From what i have read, his point is not to try to make others think that he has nitrious (definitely rice) but because he like that look (hey, to each his own.). There are much less expensive gases that will give the same effect. N2 would create a plume but also freeze up your lines and cause other problems. CO2 was mentioned earlier and probably be your best bet.

TITAN
11-26-2003, 10:08 PM
damn dude, the think only person who really downed the idea before you flew off the handle was scootin and nobody likes him anyway so why should his opinion matter, hes only got an integra. they all said either "to each there own" and actually gave you ideas on how to do it, or they said it was not a very good idea, not "fuck that, you are an "F-ing" moron". I think they even held back a bit because once you flipped, a few who had already posted, posted again with their true feelings. we hardly come down on people here and i would think you would know that by now, ive seen you around alot on these boards. but its really a typical reaction, when somebody disagrees with you, you get angry or upset, so i can kinda see where you came from, but you cant take things like this to heart.

GalantGuy96
11-26-2003, 10:22 PM
to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions.
read it all b4 u post
like u said numb nuts...read it ALL before u post

to all of you who gave you opinions without all of the disrespecting of an individual that you do not know i appreciate your opinions. to the rest of you who get on here and down people for their idea and being different from the crowd fuck you

cremeans2326
12-01-2003, 06:15 PM
well put.......tell them to kiss yo' ass