The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: XIRacing Headers are finally here!!! Pictures Posted!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>are these headers CARB approved? probably not huh? is there any plans on trying to get these ehaders approved?</div>

1) Why do you care? Maryland isn't a CARB standard stsate and there are no known plans to enact CARB standards here.

2) Do you know of any headers for the Galant that are CARB approved? Kamikaze, RPW, AMSS and HyTech's aren't, so perhaps you have some inside information you'd like to share.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cremeans2326)</div><div class='quotemain'>ok this might be a stupid question, but how do you know if your car is cali or fed spec. Â*I bought my car used so I'm not really sure where it came from originally. Â*Is there any special markings?</div>

if your headers look similar to the XIRacing headers, then its a fed spec.

but if they look like mine http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/album/mecar/22.jpg then its a cali spec car.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>1) Why do you care? Maryland isn't a CARB standard stsate and there are no known plans to enact CARB standards here.
    </div>

why do i care. maybe because i dont' plan on living her in maryland all my life. maybe i want to get headers. maybe i want to move to a state that uses CARB standards.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fishboy55)</div><div class='quotemain'>2) Do you know of any headers for the Galant that are CARB approved? Kamikaze, RPW, AMSS and HyTech's aren't, so perhaps you have some inside information you'd like to share.</div>

from that list u said yea they aren't CARB approved but you know what, maybe trying to get these headers carb approved might jsut give XIRacing the upper hand in things. hell, i plan on moving to cali soon and it think it would be pretty nice to have my headers on all the time instead of taking them off every once in a while for inspection.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

XIRacing

XIRacing Headers Link to GB...

Hi Everyone,

As you all know for the past 2 days we've been working on a 3G member car doing the install and getting the dyno results. The car we used for the testing was a 2003 Eclipse GTS. The headers look awesome on the car and we will post some pictures for you very soon. The install went smoothly and all the o2 sensors plugged right in, without any modification.

As for the dyno results we are extremely impressed, we gained 23.3HP and 12lbs of torque. Keep in mind that these numbers are untuned and on a GTS, which already flows a lot better then the GT. We are expecting to see better gains on the GT models.

With the stock exhaust the car wasn't that loud at all, it was louder then stock of course but not loud enough to get pulled over or anything. We have heard the AMSS headers on an eclipse before and our headers are a lot quieter. Once you are at WOT the car sounds very aggressive and the power is even more impressive.

We started a GB on the headers, heres the link. Hope to hear from all of you soon.

http://www.clubtgc.org/forum/viewtopic.php...p=221451#221451

Sincerely,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12