The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Custom Dash-Mount Gear Indicator

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 27 of 27
    Whats the status?

delo
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>damn 8Gers just have to strive to be like us 7Gers with our gear indicators by the speedo/tach Â*</div>

Yeah us 7gers already got 2 gear indicators. one on the floor and one by the speedometer. I thought mistu was suppose to improve on the 7g when designing the 8g, not take things away. like the gas cap release lever inside the car. i hear 8gs dont have that either. what up with that.

BlankMan
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(WanderingPinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Whats the status?</div>

Um - still a work in progress. I did make some headway - I verified the signals from the PCM and mocked up a breadboard with LED's and resistor's that lit properly through all gear positions (PRND32L). Left it hooked up in the car for a couple days as I drove around it it worked well. The project hasn't progressed passed breadboard since I was sidetracked with my SDS installation, holidays and so on. I'm going to get back into it once work slows down - but that's looking like end of Feb right now.... I'll be sure to post once a first-gen box is done.

J

so pretty mcuh its done, you just have to put it in a pretty package? or is there more experimentation to it? im interested in doing this, mom's sscared of borrowing my car cuz she can't see what gear she's in with the boto and i really need to borrow her truck sometimes. tired of lugging wood in the galant

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

I know this is a while back, but any progress on this?

I've been looking at this one:
    Sending Unit
    http://www.dakotadigital.com/Detail.cfm/-/...000/product.htm

Gauges
    http://www.dakotadigital.com/products.cfm/...category119.htm

Nice, But it is a bit pricey and the sensor has overdrive, drive, 2 and 1 instead of the D321 we use (yeah, could probably get by with d=overdrive and 3=D, but I'd rather have it correct).

I do this as well, but have always wondered if (and heard) that it hurts your transmission do manually up and downshift your automatic transmission - i read the previous posts and it's said that it doesnt - any other words on this? thanks

I'm glad that someone else wants to do the same thing I've been wanting to do for awhile myself. Anyway, what I was thinking is that if you take a look at some cars gauges, they do have a gear indicator amongst all others. So if you can come up with something that goes in the gauge cluster and looks pretty good or at least decent, I'll prolly be interested. Afterall, having your shifter and gear indicator covered with a boot doesn't help much when you shift like you said, I admit doing that sometimes myself. Anyway, keep us updated and don't forget to post pics of your progress as you come up with any ideas/results!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12