The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Right Hand drive DOHC owners - Gauges just for you FREE! :-)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Showing results 41 to 58 of 58
    marktheblake
    check this out. This guy prints out two sets of gauges. One is a black background with white numbers (ie no ink) and that goes underneath. Then his new guage design goes on top. Seems to work for him?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/rickdupuis/Pictur...stom_gauges.htm

OR.

Dont worry about the mechanism showing through the gauge, show the whole bloody mechanism! This sounds like crap so just look at the picture.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2442947179

whaddya reckon fellas

J apmetal
    Quote Originally Posted by pro_sniper
    Quote Originally Posted by J apmetal
    I have one small problem tho; my warning lights arent actually in the dial faces like you guys' they're mounted in a separate strip just below !
    PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS! PICS!

My bad; they're exactly the same as in the pictures here, just didnt look right or summin I guess :oops:

marktheblake
    here is an example of how someone else overcame the problem of the warning light shining through the white gauges. my guess is in this case the original gauge is still there and he just used an overlay. also gotta love the extra dial in the middle, and something else on the Revs dial. I think its a knight rider LED :-)

Photo sourced from http://www.gvr4.com/images/members/

Rasko Da Gama
    That thing on the Revs dial (Tacho) is only on GVR4's. LED lights, and I think they have something to do with Turbo. Something like boost gauge...

91GALANTDRIVER
    Do you know were i could get some for a left side driven car

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wlr2002)</div><div class='quotemain'>Do you know were i could get some for a left side driven car</div>

If you mean White face gauuges - I've made ones for left hand driven SOHC Galants. If you would like to have it, just give me a PM and we will work something out.

This is how they look - click on the image for bigger picture
    [/u]

Bumpy

JDM

Hmm i know this is a old post now, but iv got my VR4 just before christmas - Its a '88 JDM (Full import). I love these white guages but my speedo only goes upto 180kph :evil: i do have some extra warning lights, but there easy to add.
    Has anyone modifyed a set of those nice white ones to suit a JDM VR4 (ie 180kph) ?
    Also iv found a use for that middle strip of light spaces, now just have to make it all work :?

Thanks
    Bumpy

Rasko Da Gama
    I'm sure I saw a few JDM GVR-4-s with White Face gauges and speedo going till 180km/h. Check out your local forums and similar... I am sure you can find someone with gvr-4 who can help you.
    Good luck finding

You see... It was done before

Rasko, any update on the light problem with these gauges?
    1990 Mitsubishi Galant 2.0 GLSi Hatchback *SOLD*
    2004 Renault Clio 1.5 dCi

Bumpy

hmm

Now it would be even nicer if i could recalibrate my speedo so i can have a 240k+ one

Bumpy

Rasko Da Gama
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jeucken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Rasko, any update on the light problem with these gauges?</div>

No, I didn't do anything about it yet... I am still waiting what will happen about my car now. I have a serious buy-er... I have plans with 1990 GTi

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bumpy)</div><div class='quotemain'>Now it would be even nicer if i could recalibrate my speedo so i can have a 240k+ one Â* Â*:D Â*
    Bumpy</div>

It can be done 8)

Bumpy

Details ;)

k give me details than lol

Only prob would be at 240k my VR4 must need to be doing like 6500+RPM

Bumpy

Rasko Da Gama
    I menat that you can add aditional numers to speedo - when doing custom gaues. Photoshop 7.0 will do

orangbaligila
    I can get hold to some right-hand drive reverse EL glow dash for 6G. price ranges from 60 - 110 US bucks without shipping (depending on currency rate). If you're interested, send me PM. currently I'm out of stock and waiting for a 2 week pending shipment. I won't stock many of them, so if you're interested, I can't guarantee you one, but I'll let you know if I have it for you. (FYI: I haven't got one myself yet,... anything comes to me was always went flying the next day )

3diamonds
    LED

Why not make gauges from LED lights? that way you dont NEED to worry about different colors, or color bleed, simply replace the stock bulbs which are about to go anyway (i mean 10 yrs? lol), i can get a ton of LED's for like 10 ¢ a pop (blue are a wee bit more++) and if we do it right we can even get a TRICOLOR led, which bacically means we can make it into any clolor (by turning on or off 3 diff colors...just like TV works) all that it will involve is a couple of resistors and 3 potentiometers (the things that portable CD players have to regulate sound, the lill wheel u turn) that way the color combos can be EASY and infinite! If someone could take a LOT of closeup pics from both sides of instrument cluster, im sure we could easily do it, and then the same thing can be woied into entire car (so everything changes universally Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy )

oh and well get a leg up on those VR4 waskos j/k

3diamonds
    stupid smilies the META tag didnt work ignore all those happy things @ end

BTW look @ jap AMG version!

now id like to have THAT

MROMIK
    Is it realy AMG or only AMG styled?

TGC Regular
    eh, privyet ruski!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123